• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Byron's or VP Powermaster?

bunnie

Hi Guys,

I am the Importer of VP Fuel, and having been sent a link to this, i thought i would get involved and hopefully give some anwsers,

Feel free to fire all questions or concerns you may have and I will hopefully get them straight if not I know a man who does ;)

I got excited when I first seen the VP Powermaster Advert in the states and having used VP Racing Fuels in my Motocross bike i knew I had to get hold of this fuel,

it was first in the UK last October and having spent alot of money on stocking it, that was the easy bit, now once the fuel was in my shop, I knew I had to promote it and get it known and managed to get some decent guys testing it who come back with good results,

I tried getting shops to consider the stocking the fuel but never heard anything back so thats why I sell it direct,

with everything going good and people where trying the fuel and liking it, however with all the hard work i was putting into getting the fuel know, it upset some people and they werent happy with this new fuel becoming talked about, Thats when the bad reviews came and I know where its all come from, but hey thats business,

I do, as you would imagine run the fuel and I really do like it, ( i know you may think that im bound to say that as i sell it ) but im like everyone else if I didnt like it i would have got rid of it, There have been people saying that the 9% oil is to low, this is down to the Quailty of the oil not the quantity of the oil, yes it is a synthetic/Castor Blend, The castor is very low percentage,

I do need to really point out, ive been told that there is some guys who were adding Extra Castor to the VP Fuel and were having problems, Please DO NOT add anything to the VP Fuel, I was very shocked when I heard this and as I was unaware this again caused bad feedback on the Fuel,

The main thing I always say when people ask about VP, is VP is here as a Choice of fuel here in the UK I always like a choice, The trouble i was having was people were seeing this fuel and they were slating it without even trying it, and to be fair again the competition in different fuels is very high,

Each Brand of fuel is different in their own way, and personal preference is a big thing, if you look at the Difference between Byron and VP Powermaster is that Byron has been in the UK for some time and is sold everywhere, VP Powermaster has been here for over a Year, but I will continue to sell it here in the UK even if theres only 1 person running (apart from myself haha) VP then I will make sure they will have enough fuel to keep using it.

I have used all the different fuels available through doing repair jobs and tuning customers cars up and I can honestly say I do see a Difference in Fuels, to the point of where I actually show the customer the difference,

with regards the oil content I run the 25% 9% oil and even the 9% oil if i wanted I could get oil dripping from the exhaust, however when we put a tune on a car,( and im guilty also) that the easiest needle to touch is the HSN and it get leaner and leaner and forget to adjust the LSN too causing problems once brakes are applied

But we do listen to feedback and one of the things was people are worried about the oil percentage and myself and VP have spoken about this, and the fact that we are going to bring in a 25% fuel with 11% oil to give the people concerned that choice of that blend, and will be due in early Febuary,  me personally will be stick to the 9% oil as I do like it,

Sorry to go on haha, one thing I would say is just try it and see what you think for yourself, if you do decide to try it, I will look forward to hear your thoughts,

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for a bit more info on vp fuel. I used to swear by optifuel then once I used byrons I've never looked back. Maybe it will be the same with vp fuel. I'll be ordering a gallon in the next few days and going from there. I'll let you know how it goes

If you look at the VP link I gave, the car fuel I have used is a castor/syn mix with a total oil content of 9%, it is most definitely not castor only. I would not use a fuel that is fully synthetic in a car engine nor recommend it.

Yeah, I see the marketing spiel on their website. So either the website is wrong, or the MSDS information is out of date. The latter would be a bit concerning.

Yeah, I see the marketing spiel on their website. So either the website is wrong, or the MSDS information is out of date. The latter would be a bit concerning.

Well whatever the reason is, I am telling you (and so is the importer) the fuel is not castor only. If I were to hazard a guess then I would say it has less castor than Byrons but it is difficult to be sure due to the different overall oil content (Byrons-11%, VP-9%), there is a Byrons ProDriver that is also 9% overall but I am yet to try that.

Well whatever the reason is, I am telling you (and so is the importer) the fuel is not castor only. If I were to hazard a guess then I would say it has less castor than Byrons but it is difficult to be sure due to the different overall oil content (Byrons-11%, VP-9%), there is a Byrons ProDriver that is also 9% overall but I am yet to try that.

I guess only the manufacturer could tell us for sure, then.