• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Your thoughts ..............

Ian w

The basic assembly is the two shoes are arranged to create an 'O', and you then run the spring around the groove and hook it together (I'm guessing one goes either side). Then as per typical centrifugal clutch, when you spin it the shoes slide apart against the spring pressure and engage with the housing.

However I'm wondering what keeps the shoes central when not engaged, as if they're not held central they're going to slide to one side and drag. Also, why does it include 3 springs...

The basic assembly is the two shoes are arranged to create an 'O', and you then run the spring around the groove and hook it together (I'm guessing one goes either side). Then as per typical centrifugal clutch, when you spin it the shoes slide apart against the spring pressure and engage with the housing.

However I'm wondering what keeps the shoes central when not engaged, as if they're not held central they're going to slide to one side and drag. Also, why does it include 3 springs...

Just guessing but I would think that the fly wheel nut (the original one0 would stop them from sliding sideways. Maybe the springs are different strengths as the springs that you get with the three shoe set up. Still we will see when I get it, I will keep you informed :yes:

The 3 springs are generally spares if you stuff up hooking together, or different strengths.

The clutch bell generally stops lateral movement.

I could be an idea to set up a tongue and groove format - which they haven't. Perhaps they found it was either unnecessary, and/or sticking through wear after a while.

Al.

Clutch bits assembled ready to go on, there is a spring either side one grove is deeper then the other, unfourtunately it came without instructions so I took a guess at which way up it went and put the shallow grove to the flywheel  DSC00168_zps2a10fd2a.jpg

...sorry I will leave it at that then

Go on mate, there are people that find this interesting and follow up on it.

I want to see the size of the clutch bell lol. . . 

Edited by DLD

Yeah if you are not sure how to do it any other way sorry I will leave it at that then

Provided you're posting via the web interface, just copy and paste all the image links into the one post. If you're unsure if you've got it right, hit the 'More Reply Options', and you'll get taken to a new page with a preview of your post.

Regardless, keep posting!

Edited by m_c

O/K see if I can get this right. The clutch bell is the standard one 16 tooth that wa taken offDSC00169_zps172b93e3.jpg

Brass plate in place with lip facing ur that gives you the seating for the bell bearing

DSC00171_zps58687a2d.jpg

Ready to go back in  

DSC00172_zpsecca9769.jpg

Lines up nicely with spur wheel.DSC00173_zps26a7196e.jpg    I have not had a chance to give it a run yet but have bench tested it and it works fine. I am not sure how long it will last but at