• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Budget-Maxx.

Tug

I get paid next Friday thankfully.Its been a long 6 weeks without being paid so the maxx is sitting still infront of the tv in the front room.

It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure. I'm busy prepping my fleet ready for the summer.

Which dream is this?

Dry weather indeed!!

Next you'll be talking about hosepipe bans!! LOL!

Al.

That's hilarious! Who'd have thought we might actually miss hosepipe bans? If you think about it, we associate them with dry weather, a dim and distant memory!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, more ratio testing today. I've settled on 26/65 on 4s for now. Temps stayed reasonable with the motor fans switched off. I'll probably go lower for 5 and 6s running, a proper bash session is required to fully test her. Ideally, I want a ratio that gives a respectable top speed on 4s, but allows me to switch up to 5 and 6s without a pinion change. That's almost impossible, but if I can get her to stay cool on 4s, without the fans, then I should be able to switch up to 5s and switch the fans on to aid cooling.

I'll update once I get her out for a full run.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing some bids in the summer.My build has come to a holt at the mo as I don't have any cash to finish my maxx until I get some overtime at work:(.Atleast I have a couple of other builds to be getting on with using the parts I have laying around.I am even building another nitro at the mo lol

Tug,will the diffs from a .Tmaxx fir an Emaxx?I had a look at Jennys RC and there were Emaxx diffs on there for a decent price as too were the drive shafts.

Thanks

Yup, all Maxx diffs fit all Maxx trucks. The BL diffs are the reinforced ones, so go for those.

Looking forward to seeing some bids in the summer.My build has come to a holt at the mo as I don't have any cash to finish my maxx until I get some overtime at work:(.Atleast I have a couple of other builds to be getting on with using the parts I have laying around.I am even building another nitro at the mo lol

Me too, roll on summer!

Its s beast mate. I need to find the flm build that must be amazing.

The hosepipe ban comm made me laugh my mrs is saying were gonna have the hottest summer in years. Doesnt matter how much rain we get we always get hose bans. We should get a % of bill off too lol.

Hmm this is an interesting one.I was talking to a bloke fom Phils models and he said the diffs would hold up and the drive shafts too! He sid just don't go too nuts on the motor KV's.

Anyone? :whistling:

Which car do you have?