• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tugs take on the S5!

Tug

Are these centre diff conversions generally available yet had a look on the site and can only see the savage ones ? I too have had a standard Super5 motor go on me and haven't bothered to rebuild it yet (been about 4 months now) but have a spare xl2 and a 2028 to go in it I think its the motor that should have been fitted in the first place 

Are these centre diff conversions generally available yet had a look on the site and can only see the savage ones ? I too have had a standard Super5 motor go on me and haven't bothered to rebuild it yet (been about 4 months now) but have a spare xl2 and a 2028 to go in it I think its the motor that should have been fitted in the first place

I think the 2028 will rip it to shreds, but you can always use less voltage to control the power.

There's a forum member under the name Megane, he's Dejan at Alza, PM him and he'll sort you out.

• Like 1

I think the 2028 will rip it to shreds, but you can always use less voltage to control the power.

There's a forum member under the name Megane, he's Dejan at Alza, PM him and he'll sort you out.

Could be fun for a few minutes :thumbsup:  or I may try and source a 1717 from the states  :yes:

• 2 months later...

Put a full pack through the HPI Super 5sc flux, temps OK. Motor scored 47 Celsius, ESC scored 50 Celsius, lipos only managed 35 Celsius.

Main concern here is that's on a cold breezy day, we shall have to see what the warmer weather does to the temps. There's some headroom in those readings, but I don't want to go to much higher and start touching the limits of tolerance.

I have wanted one of these ever since it came out and now that video has made me want one even more!

I love driving it, I'm even starting to enjoy working on it, but as a stock machine they've some major flaws. Have you read through the entire thread?

A big improvement over stock 4s...agree with your thoughts on temps, seeing as how gearing is limited...

Gilbert, I may sell mine as a roller, with some hop ups (not yet fitted)...still deciding, as good as they are, having the 5ive and a pair of badgers makes it a bit redundant...

Yeah, I'm pleased as punch at the moment. Off-road bashing next, hopefully by March the ground will have dried up a bit. Then it's time to get ramping!

Here here, it's been far too long!

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished putting a set of cells through and she's running well. My dirt shield acted as a heat shield and the ESC thermalled. Took the dirt shield off and she ran fine after that. ESC still hit temps up at the high fifties, but as it's only rated to 140 amps, I may swap it out for my HW 150 Amp Pro. That ESC ran my Baja with no issues, so I know it'll carry this car.

No vid today, I wanted to focus on shaking her down.

Latazz.

Just come back in, might try 5s later, but we're going out soon.

Timing is on zero degrees, but motor still hit 50. 5s might be pushing it, only one way to find out.