• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What goes where? :S

Oh How Original

So I got my gasket set through today, but upon looking at them, I'm a little unsure as to which goes where? The ones on the carb seem different :lol: I've taken a picture, so hopefully someone can help shed some light on it, as you can see by the old (black) gaskets, one was pretty bad, which I think is the root of my revving problem.

I just want to double check that these will go in the right places, I know the top right one is the exhaust gasket, but a bit unsure on the other 3 as to where they live?

Old gaskets and some kind of carb spacer? That was in between the air filter housing and the carb.

IMG_3034_zps8b94a21a.jpg

And the new set...

IMG_3035_zps42771560.jpg

Cheers Paul, it looks like I need to make one out of some gasket paper as well, as their is a little silver spacer thing that sits in between the carb and the air filter housing, which has a gasket on each side.

which you also don't have to use.

tbh i don't even know what they are used for.

Basically the way it's been set-up is I have a really thick (almost plastic) looking gasket, which has a big chunk out of it, that was attached to the silver spacer thing, which I thought was normal on the billet insulator blocks personally.

So you think I should just leave that silver bit out and see how it all goes back together?

That is where some petrol was leaking from which I only noticed the other day after trying to tune it :lol:

i can't remembe rwhich one is on my baja but the alloy desing makes it impossible to use normal gaskets, its ok between the carb and block but there is a resses on the engine side of it, you can use normal gaskets, just need 5 of them to be thick enough.

they use teflon to stop heat getting to the carb, personaly i think you only need teflon on the engine side but run both anyway, because its better to be safe.

the alloy blocks should come with the teflon gaskets anyway, just make sure they are the right way up or you block the fuel feed hole.

if you don't use teflon gaskets with the alloy insulator block, as the engine gets hot the heat is transferred to block and then carb causing fuel to boil off before it gets to engine and engine will die and not re-start 'til its cooled down. this will be obvious by the primer bulb not pulling up any fuel. Teflon gaskets can be had for about