• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Smash's hyper sste truggy

smash

This isn't a build thread as such more of a show and tell as I've a had a few questions from people who've been looking at buying one and since I sold my glamis I thought bugger it I'm having one of them even though I do already have an imho superb st4 truggy..

Anyhow on with the show and the tell, got a really good price on this from the model shop that shall not be named, and it arrived very quickly for a change ;)

If you been looking at or for this kit on the net you will no doubt have been pretty dissatisfied with the level of publicity it's gotten and the marketing pics that the websites have been given are pretty crap too. Mine aren't much better but at least you can see for really what you'll get.

No more boring guff here the out the box pics with the wing etc. And motor already installed.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

As you can see it's a pretty nice kit with adjustable alloy big bores, and adjustable battery tray position, the shock tower are nice and beefy more so than the hyper cage I owned and the wheel and tyre set is nice also.

I'm in love with the shell Btw and can't wait to get it painted, I want to try something elaborate but I'm in two minds..

Hopefully spare parts won't be a mare to get hold of..

I've already fitted all the leccy bits tonight so I'll get some shots thrown up of that too, I went with a wp sc8 120a (Cheers david) and a 1900kv turnigy dlux can until I can afford something a bit racier.. 21t pinion also.

Like it a lot was tempted by these my self after having the SSe but the downside of getting one was parts availability, so i gave it a miss does look the part thou and there not a bad price for what you get  :thumbsup:

Look forward to the paint job and what you think of it once it's been out and about for a while 

• Like 1

Quick update, electrics are in and bench tested, had a quick shuffty round with the drivers to checking for loose stuff and found nada which is a pleasant change.

Learnt a few lessons also from the cage buggy roller I had..

1: belt and braces on the esc mount, I do tend to chuck my stuff about and a few times the esc got bounced off of its perch when just using esc tape.

This time I have drilled two 4mm holes in the esc plate and used tape and cable ties..

2: keep the cable runs very tight, especially the servo cable as on the cage I had a rather nasty servo/drive shaft incident that robbed me of a full set of electrics apart from the motor..

I'm toying with the idea of a brace but I'm going to run it first to see how it performs..

Obligatory pic of leccy install..

Posted Image

• Like 1

I'd stick a brace on fella i bent the SSe chassis and this is made of the same stuff just a little longer so will have more leverage.. Easy to do but unlike the TT's you may need to make a 2 piece .. Dig out my old SSe thread there's some pics in there if you want an idea  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

How does the tyre compound feel?

I take it you'll be running this only on 4S just now with that esc?

the tyres feel medium to soft quite sticky..

And yeah 4s only for now

Maybe Bigjimknickers, but it's a really light truggy compared to my st4, I've just ordered a hobbywing 2100kv sensored can for the St4 so I can give it some 6s abuse. I'm gonna transplant the 2350kv can from the st4 into the hyper which will give it an extra lick of speed..

I've sorted out what I'm going to do for bracing, I've ordered some aluminium tubing and I'm going to make a couple of links like the hyper 7 used to use that way I can leave the plastics in situ and reinforce that with my links as u want to keep the whole thing as tidy and light as possible..

• Like 1

I love it! Hats off to you, awesome paint job :yes:

cheers David, it's was pretty straightforward and took about two hours inclusive of masking..

If anyone's interested in replicating it the paints I used were all fast finish, power orange, Pearl white, ivory white and jet black..