• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

losi desert buggy

the watchman

im interested in this,but need to save up,id also like to see some reviews and bashing aswell

Chris will no doubt be the first person to get a review out on it, while Chris is a very decent guy, he is a bit of a brand queen, so expect him to hop it up pretty quickly :lol:

I imagine more folks will do box stock reviews after a while though.

Chris will no doubt be the first person to get a review out on it, while Chris is a very decent guy, he is a bit of a brand queen, so expect him to hop it up pretty quickly :lol:

I imagine more folks will do box stock reviews after a while though.

Going to be looking forward to some of these getting out there...and looking forward to some reviews/thoughts as they get used..

Gotta say on looks alone its a winner... :thumbsup:

I'm personally convinced it'll be every bit as strong as the 5ive... But that's just me, I have faith in what they can do, when you consider what a beating the 5ive can take completely box stock.

I'm looking forward to Chris's review anyway, that's for sure.

I'm afraid I disagree.  Look at the shock towers on Losi 5ive compared to this .................. just for starters!

Going to be looking forward to some of these getting out there...and looking forward to some reviews/thoughts as they get used..

Gotta say on looks alone its a winner... :thumbsup:

I'd hold your horses there Tonto until a few people have nashed it a bit!  I think it may disappoint!

I'm afraid I disagree.  Look at the shock towers on Losi 5ive compared to this .................. just for starters!

I'd hold your horses there Tonto until a few people have nashed it a bit!  I think it may disappoint!

Looking at it and actually testing it are two completely different things.

I'm not one to judge a book by it's cover... I imagine the testers at Horizon have put it through it's paces enough to be satisfied it's ready for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Id be very suprised if this ends up a fail, wherever its made or whatever parts are used Im pretty sure losi would have put it through its paces and resolved any weak links before they put there name on it. It would be pretty dumb for them to release it if it was poor as it would defo have a negative impact on there largescale presence which at present is one of the best out thete with the 5ive, so like I say, id be very suprised.. Personally I like the look of it and the geomotry of the lsyout, time will tell but for anyone to judge it before its been tested by an outsider is very naieve!

• Like 1

Ok just about to order the losi dbxl with out the engine option,does anyone no if I would still get the clutch bell to put on my replacement engine

Ok just about to order the losi dbxl with out the engine option,does anyone no if I would still get the clutch bell to put on my replacement engine

Nige isnt doing the without engine option till after christmas. He's too busy im afraid

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/losi-1-5th-scale-desert-buggy-xl-rtr.html