• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First Nitro to get.

mpr555

Hi and thank you for having the time to comment.

I am new, haven't even bought a rc nitro yet.  But I have been reading, researching, and scouring the web for what should be a good first purchase.

I know my way around an engine and have a general tinker and fix nature.

What i would like to get is a fairly cheap Rc Nitro as i will provably stack and break it while getting used to the controls.  But I would like one that I can upgrade a lot with better parts.  Thats what I like to get into.

I have been looking at HPI Bullet ST 3.0

Would like a 4WD system, and something I can upgrade most of the parts to better parts.

I see that Integy.com has a lot of parts for this RC, have anyone had much dealing with these parts.

If i am going down the wrong route as a newcomer, would love to hear suggestions. 

again many thanks

max

i would till next year before buying a nitro car as the weather is going to get worse and if its not waterproofed it will be sitting in your house alot.

if you do get one i would go hyper 7 with the .21 engine 

Edited by mini-z-awd

Thanks for the information guys!  Really helpful.

Seems the Hyper 7 is a good option to go for.  Can you fully upgrade these with new suspension, shocks, drive trains etc.  Where would be a good place to go for these.

The model I will go for is the one where i can change most of the stock parts for better parts.  Is the hyper 7 still the one to go for!

many thanks

Max

Hyper 7 tq2 gets my vote aswell. They don't need much upgrades to be fair. But if you want to upgrade then why not.

I basically run mine stock apart from hyper st pro shock towers and savox 1258 servos. Although I hardly get chance to use it I can't see any point in upgrading much else as yet. Sorting the diff oils out makes a big difference to the handling. I was using a jammin jp4 pipe but have gone back to stock as the stock I can extend stinger better for when I drop a shortcourse shell on after Xmas. I sure it runs smoother, faster and cooler with stock pipe. Now I own a savage which I would not rate anywhere near as durable as hyper, although my cheapest basher. Would have the hardest time letting go of if I needed cash quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk