• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

b44.1 avid chassis conversion

Alex97

Hello

Over this week and may be some of next week ill be building up my b44.1 with a new avid chassis :xd:, ill be updating this topic as the build goes on. 

so far...

After a very wet race meeting the car was coved in leaves and other bits so it needed a clean, so far I've striped the car down and given it a good clean ready for the chassis that ive ordered from p-dub racing. The only thing is that it wont get sent out till Tuesday as it is a bank holiday in Ireland :( .

this is the car before I cleaned it (sorry for bad picture) 

IMG_20131027_215103_zps18ba41e1.jpg

this is the track I race on

IMG_20131027_155034_zps12ebc72e.jpg

ill up load some more pictures of the car in bits tomz.

Edited by alex97

Are the blue associated screws you've got any good? I bought some stainless steel ones from rpc racing and round so easily - its really annoying! :angrymad:

BTW I noticed you have a screw missing near the spur on the front top plate 

:)

almost done I just need to get another blue screw for the topdeck. I was in to minds about buying the chassis with the high price tag but im really happy with it so far.

IMAG0108_zpsb64a05da.jpg

IMAG0109_zpsbaabade3.jpg

I just like to say thanks for p-dub for holding the conversion kit for me while the chassis came in to stock.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I haven't updated this in a long time so here goes. After my last update I carryed on doing very well it and it felt very nice in both the wet and dry using the same set up, I may sometimes put harder springs on the rear when its wet. I was using an xray xb4 2014 and it was just horrible compared to the b44, I know others have had done very well with them. I will start using it again next week :-), I've ordered a new shell and it is currently on its way to RCS so I should have that in around two weeks. I will post a new picture when I get home tomorrow. I am also going to be using a b42 for my 2wd, I should be getting the chassis in 4weeks time due to a large demand.

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I was doing much better last year, I've had lots of problems within the last few weeks so I striped it down and added the big bores so I hope that it will help. I was planing to go down to herts Saturday but there's meant to be a big race on Saturday so it will most likely be very busy.