• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra 4WD 1/10 Brushless Monster Truck

PIPE247

When you say the wires are coming out wrong I can't understand why as the etronix you linked is the same as the savox ??

Personally that etronix looks like it's about the same spec as stock but if you where happy with that then go for it

The height of the mounts can be got around with a few washers as yours mounts in something like the mt4 i think from what i have seen,so depending on where you need to fill the gap to the mount just add a few washers a bit like this 

DSC02509_zps7d3fa725.jpg

If it throws the arm out to much just raise it or lower by either adding a washer to the ball end or mounting the arm from underneath  ?? just a thought and might save you a few quid  :thumbsup:

Have a play around a pack of washers is like a pound of ebay 

Edited by mydoddy69

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted on this thread in a while just thought I'd let people know that I finally received my rear aluminium shocks after nearly half a year if waiting

6 months for parts wow!! you certainly have some patients !! .. Have to say that is Vaterrable service :shockingscary:  !! lets just hope there better than the upgraded driveshafts or your long wait would have been a pointless one 

I am using these cheapish Aluminum shocks off fleabay = http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/65mm-shocks-absorber-set-for-RC-1-10-Car-buggy-Aluminum-/321038182917?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4abf5dea05

with 60wt shock oil & Vaterra med springs. it jumps & lands some what better now too even with my driving.

Edited by subaru-swift

6 months for parts wow!! you certainly have some patients !! .. Have to say that is Vaterrable service :shockingscary:  !! lets just hope there better than the upgraded driveshafts or your long wait would have been a pointless one 

Yeah i hope they are worth the wait the front have held up well so i expect the same from the rear :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can only see this as a sign there ending the production ?? 

They did a similar thing on the kalahari / kemora then discontinued it !!

I'd be a little weary buying one as parts support has always been hit and miss just ask Devin he has waited months and months for some parts to show up !! If indeed it is going to finish production then you could be throwing your cash in the bin !. 

If on the other hand they just dropped the price as they got fed up earning a good profit and wanted to share some back with the rc community then this is fantastic news !!.. 

• Like 1

Yeah I was ticking same thing they have a bad reputation of discontinuing products however there are multiple vehicles on the same platform so I'm not sure what they are doing as other places are still selling them at the normal price

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have contacted horizon hobby about it and they said that "they have no plans of discontinuing the Halix line of vehicles any time soon"

Edited by Devin

Riiight, that's what they said about mcpx brushed, while they were clearing stocks at half price

Watch the price, when it drops significantly, then it's about to get discontinued

Riiight, that's what they said about mcpx brushed, while they were clearing stocks at half price

Watch the price, when it drops significantly, then it's about to get discontinued

Very true  :thumbsup:

I'd be careful buying one as they have dropped the price by a fair old chunk of change .. Normally a good rc truck will have parts support for a good while after there discontinued, but these have had very bad parts support since their release date so i'd be a bit sceptical on buying one now ..

• Like 1