• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra 4WD 1/10 Brushless Monster Truck

PIPE247

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i must admit they are overpriced for something that is just supposed to be fun but i thought long and hard about different cars and trucks i could buy and the halix and the stampede is what it came down to. Seeing as i already had a slash 4x4 i thought i try out a different brand hence the Vaterra Halix and i will keep you up to date about how things are going so far amazing already driven it through mud and ran it into trees and curbs of course not on purpose hehe but yeah good truck so far

• 2 weeks later...

I would avoid the Helion Invitus simply because getting spare parts isn't straight forward. Vaterra have great backing (same company as Losi, distributed by Horizon) so spares are readily available and you can trust they have a long future ahead of them.

The documentation and website Vaterra provide for support/info is by far one of the best in the industry too! http://www.vaterrarc.com/

I've had a go with one and enjoyed it, though if you can stretch your budget a little more, I'd pick up a Traxxas Stampede 4x4:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-stampede-4x4-vxl-tqi/rc-car-products/379579

Traxxas are better yet at spares, LOADS of hop-ups and a hugely good reputable company. :good:

I did look at the traxxis but I'm not to keen on the looks of it,vain I know,plus it's been about for a while. The halix does look kinda cool and it has no wheelie bar which I'm not keen on. I'm not to fussed about hop-ups just want to have a laugh with an rc car.

The lack of the wheelie bar on the back isnt such a big deal tbh i can make it do 10 meter long wheelies easily but still control-able its more stable than the stampede 4x4 it hardly rolls over even on tarmac roads when the surface is dry. i have had no problems with it so far i will keep the thread updated with things i find check my utube channel for my first thoughts if you wish but this is all my experiance and my opinion hope this was helpful ill be happy to ask any questions if i can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmKlbH94i98

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all this is a link to my video on the Vaterra halix. Im starting an upgrade series with this truck if anyone would like to watch along that would be great. I have also got 2 other vids on the truck if anyone wants to check them out 

Hi all this is a link to my video on the Vaterra halix. Im starting an upgrade series with this truck if anyone would like to watch along that would be great. I have also got 2 other vids on the truck if anyone wants to check them out 

Cool ive sub'd :thumbsup:

• Like 1

so is the truck any good for the dollar bud

Well i think it is but some people are finding some problems with the truck if look around YouTube and other forums. However i think it was fir price compared to its competition e.g. the stampede 4x4. The halix offers pretty much the same features and it is faster than the stampede on 2s which is what i use. It has been very reliable so far with no breakages im expecting some parts to arrive today for it and ill be posting a vid on utube soon of the parts on the truck. So yeah overall i thinbk it was good price but it depends on your perspective and budget. 

Ok cheers not sure weather to go with the halix or stampede but thanks bud

It is a hard choice the stampede 4x4 has better aftermarket support but is a little more expensive. I personally went with the Halix as it looked different to its competition and i dont really like having the same car as everybody else if you get me. So yeah both brilliant cars i have a slash 4x4 which is basically the same as the stampede but the Halix was just something new

It is a hard choice the stampede 4x4 has better aftermarket support but is a little more expensive. I personally went with the Halix as it looked different to its competition and i dont really like having the same car as everybody else if you get me. So yeah both brilliant cars i have a slash 4x4 which is basically the same as the stampede but the Halix was just something new

Just ordered one today should turn up tomorrow they do look nice all the best with yours and thanks for help atb Steve

• Like 1