• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

4WheelRC's SCX10 build thread: 'Project Lighting'.

4WheelRC

• 3 weeks later...

After a lot of driving & tweaking of my SCX10 Rubicon recently, its back to the 'studio' to start recording some updates. Hope this is useful...

Finally solved the nasty bump steer caused by my Chassis Mounted Servo  :-)  The fix was not trying to reduce the angle of the drag link (although this helps), but instead needing to run it parallel to the panhard bar...

Edited by 4WheelRC

• 4 weeks later...

How to make scale registration plates, smart phones, tablets (iPads) etc. for your models: I shot this ages ago, but hadn't gotten round to editing it :blush: Hope it is useful...

Just picked up one of these from Modelsport, so going to be reading/watching your thread from the begining :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome videos as always, very informative :thumbsup:

Just to give you an update on my Hobbywing Justock esc in my SCX10, it's going very well with my Much More 21.5t brushless motor, it's working out perfectly for what I want to do, a bit of crawling and a bit of trailing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

*Spoiler Alert* Glimpse of a future build in the middle *Spoiler Alert* I have spent lots of (probably too much!) time fiddling with my scale winch set-up. Hopefully the following will help others avoid some of the problems and frustrations I have solved along the way: Get ready for a 'deep dive' into mounting scale model winches, hooks, line, snatch blocks, fair leads etc. :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been a while since my last scale truck video, as I have been out & about doing lots of driving and fiddling. Now I'm back into the 'studio' to let you know what I have been up to. Lets start with winches :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More winch upgrades for the Rubicon... Here is an in-depth look at the excellent 'Commando Winch System' free spool upgrade kit for 3Racing winches, from LockedUpRC.com:

Edited by 4WheelRC

question from a newbe..where do I find a wireless winch controller for either 3racing or  bulldog winch ? Prefer it not to be as expensive as Warn controller for rc4wd but if that's all then it will have to be. The Sawback its for is mainly used for light trailing

question from a newbe..where do I find a wireless winch controller for either 3racing or  bulldog winch ? Prefer it not to be as expensive as Warn controller for rc4wd but if that's all then it will have to be. The Sawback its for is mainly used for light trailing

I've got a couple of these 'Cappu' winch remote controls and they work okay for low current applications. The range on the remote is not great, but often that is becaue of the battery in the remote (a small 12v one, bit shorter than a AAA): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cappu-Winch-remote-controller-fits-3Racing-CR01-27-Automatic-Crawler-Winch-/111413352539

Edited by 4WheelRC

Here Part 2 of my winch performance upgrades (motor & free spool upgrades): Pulling like a baus now! :thumbsup:

For reference, a picture of the results is here: http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/uploads/gallery_30889_2994_663077.jpg

Edited by 4WheelRC

• 7 months later...

Back to the Axial SCX10 2012 Rubicon after some time!... I shot this about a year ago and have been sitting on the footage while long-term testing the new Tekin RS Gen 2 Electronic Speed Control + ROC 412 1800kV sensored brushless motor.

I am loving the control, tunability and power from this set-up. It is $$$xpensive, but worth it: With over a year of trailing, lots of under water running and monthly competitions everything is still working perfectly and I am confident that the epoxy waterproofing stands up to wear & tear (more on that in the next video).

I hope you enjoy the footage of the test competition course I set-up in some local woodland. I have learnt so much about driving and tuning the SCX10 over the last year - lots of videos coming up on that. Next time I will show you how I epoxy waterproofed the ESC AND motor; yes, you can make a sensored motor waterproof  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6 November 2015 at 16:22:56, 4WheelRC said:

Back to the Axial SCX10 2012 Rubicon after some time!... I shot this about a year ago and have been sitting on the footage while long-term testing the new Tekin RS Gen 2 Electronic Speed Control + ROC 412 1800kV sensored brushless motor.

I am loving the control, tunability and power from this set-up. It is $$$xpensive, but worth it: With over a year of trailing, lots of under water running and monthly competitions everything is still working perfectly and I am confident that the epoxy waterproofing stands up to wear & tear (more on that in the next video).

I hope you enjoy the footage of the test competition course I set-up in some local woodland. I have learnt so much about driving and tuning the SCX10 over the last year - lots of videos coming up on that. Next time I will show you how I epoxy waterproofed the ESC AND motor; yes, you can make a sensored motor waterproof  :thumbsup:

Great bit of driving, where is this Deepcut?

9 hours ago, Northmatt said:

Great bit of driving, where is this Deepcut?

Hi Matt, yes, near Deepcut. If you're local to there, come along to one of the London Scale Trail Runners monthly meets (last Sunday of every month) for lots of scale fun :) Or maybe a trail round Deepcut some time?

Edited by 4WheelRC

• 1 month later...

These 2 videos have been a long time in the making... I hope y'all find them useful :)

Edited by 4WheelRC
Fiddling to get preview images of the videos to show.