• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Carisma GTB & Schumacher/LC Racing EMB-1 micro buggies

Toon

I only got into micro buggies a couple of months ago, and I've already got 2! 1 for indoors, 1 for outdoors, it's the only way! :thumbsup:

Schumacher/LC Racing EMB-1

Kit version of car so has aluminium chassis/shock towers/shocks & front CVD's

Standard steering servo (for now)

LC Racing 4500kv motor

EZRun 60A ESC

Thunder Power 1800mAh LiPo

Phat Bodies 'Turbo' bodyshell and 'Bat' wing

Losi Mini 8ight springs, battery mounts and carbon strap

Rear hub and top deck mods done

EMB-1_01_zps8e6145a1.jpg

EMB-1_02_zps4f73e3c5.jpg

EMB-1_03_zpsfff0ee69.jpg

Carisma GTB

Carisma 4500kv motor

EZ Run 35A ESC (heatsink modded to fit under top deck)

Savox SH-1257MG servo

Intellect/IP 1600mAh hardcase LiPo

Aluminium motor mount

Pro pistons in shocks

CVD's in the front

Dime RC brass weights in centre and rear

GTB_01_zpse6920b8e.jpg

GTB_02_zpsdf016b8d.jpg

GTB_03_zpsf6684ee0.jpg

And together...

Buggies_01_zpsec455ef8.jpg

Buggies_02_zps1dd696a2.jpg

Edited by Toon
  • Like 1

They look great,I am thinking of adding the GTB to my m8 and EMB,I would like to know how the GTB holds up as a basher,I cant see why it wouldnt though.

• 2 months later...

great looking buggies bud, I'm just fitting the electrics to my carisma gtb, I bought the align servo for mine but this requires some mods to the servo itself and to the holder, how does the savox fit do you need any mods on that ?

cheers.

The Savox servo doesn't fit the standard servo mount I'm afraid, as it's too large.  I was originally just holding it down with strong double-sided tape, but I am now using alloy mounts, however the chassis does require an extra hole to be drilled.

-----------------------

I actually no longer have the LC Racing EMB-1 buggy as it was sold to another micro racer at my local club, but I still have the GTB.  It's gone through quite a few changes since the last post though.  It is now also equipped with:

Carisma 5700kv motor + alloy heatsink

RW Racing heavy duty 66T spur

Exotek alloy servo mounts

DIME RC alloy chassis

DMS Racing carbon top deck and front brace

Thumbs Designs carbon shock towers and brass weight kit

RPM rod ends

Carisma alloy wheel hex's

GTB_04_zpsbe369e43.jpg

GTB_05_zpse43c76da.jpg

GTB_06_zpsca583922.jpg

I have also got a Phat bodies 'Optimus' body and 'Gurt' wing, painted by a friend.  I am only using this for the micro nationals at the moment though, it's too nice to get bashed about at club races! :yes:

Nationals are very competitive, but I am doing OK so far:

Round 1 - Silverstone - 55th out of 77

Round 2 - Hereford - 45th out of 85

GTB_07_zps3e788aca.jpg

• Like 1

What do you recon is the max size can motor could be fitted in the GTB without any issues, I have seen a motor I want to try in my emb and if it works out I would like to get a GTB and use the lc racing motor in that. :whistling:

Cheers

Si

Did you ever find a servo that fit in your EMB1 without any moding?

I used the Savox servo in the EMB for a while, but that was held just using one plastic mount and double-sided tape. Then when I got the GTB I put the Savox servo in that, and put the kit servo back in the EMB, so I never got round to trying any other servos in the EMB before I sold the car.

What do you recon is the max size can motor could be fitted in the GTB without any issues, I have seen a motor I want to try in my emb and if it works out I would like to get a GTB and use the lc racing motor in that. :whistling:

Cheers

Si

Motor diameter or length? The Carisma/Losi motors are 24mm diameter. The LC Racing motor is 28mm diamater, and it will physically fit, but the mounting holes are all for 3mm screws, and the holes in the GTB motor mount are for 2.6mm screws. Also, the LCR motors' mounting holes are too far apart and won't line up with the slots in the GTB motor mount, as I tried it for fit when I still had both cars. Maybe you could modify the motor mount for larger screws/spacing, but I don't have any need to try it.

Thanks for that, I have a couple of spare motors that would fit I just thought of the lc being a great motor in the emb it might be a good alternative to the stock 24mm can motors, I might buy a GTB to go along with the m8 and emb I have already.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might choose this motor when I do eventually get the GTB, I do like the 4 poles and although it cost's more than the carisma range I think it will be worth it.

http://www.smartteknik.se/uk/brushless-motors/motor-lbp2435-5800kv-4-polig.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a carisma gtb and was wondering what motor I should get to go in it. I am running the standard carisma motor in it at the moment but want something that has got abit more go in it.