• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Glow plug length question

PastyPowered

Sounds like you have a Four stroke plug. 

It will work, but better off with a 2 stroke type, something like an OS 7,  OS 8 or R5.

Is the plug brand new? I will swap you for an OS 7 if you like, I use 4stroke plugs in my aero engines.. 

PM me your address if you're interested.  :yes:

Traxxas engines use a longer plug I just measured one and its 6mm threads. 

Take the head off put the plug in and see if it sticks out from the bottom you dont want it to hit the piston if thats possible.

Im going through this now with my pisso .26 some say the os8 is fine others say it should have a longer plug to run correctly its baffeling me.

Traxxas engines use a longer plug I just measured one and its 6mm threads. 

Take the head off put the plug in and see if it sticks out from the bottom you dont want it to hit the piston if thats possible.

Im going through this now with my pisso .26 some say the os8 is fine others say it should have a longer plug to run correctly its baffeling me.

Most engines using normal plugs use the normal length....OS normal plugs are short...and OS engines use OS plugs.

...but those short OS plugs can work well in other engines...not optimally..but well. :)

Edited by Anthoop

I've bought a glow plug for my kyosho inferno neo on ebay but on examination its 1-2mm longer than the original plug.

The new plug is a novorossi cs5, will this be ok? Im imagining it won't be..

Thanks

I am wondering if you have the numbers/letters written correctly?

Is it a C5S?

Yes the letter/number orientation dictates what it is...I do not know the CS5...but know the C5S...is going to be the limit of hot for a .21....a 6 is cooler...the number dictates the temperature range and the letters the application.