• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Problems with Speed Passion Reventon Pro

spybot

Just bought a Speed Passion Reventon Pro with Speed Passion Competition V3 5.5t motor. Struggling to get it to work can set neutral point, full throttle & full reverse points ok but when I switch it back on it lights up ok but will not power the motor. Removed all wires & then 're-soldered everything, changed receiver wire but still no go. Anyone got any ideas?

Yes I calibrated it. You hold the set-up button down for 2 secs when switching on, orange LED lights up, red led flashes & there's a continuous beep, You then press set-up button once - orange light flashes once & there's 1 beep to set neutral position, put throttle to full position press set-up button orange light flashes twice & 2 beeps, put throttle to full reverse press set-up button orange led flashes 3 times & 3 beeps, ESC then automatically switches off. Switch ESC on, red & orange leds light up to signify normal sensored operation,moving throttle has no effect on motor. 

Sensor cable seated snug in the port? Correct wiring abc? Fully charged battery? Throttle channel zeroed during calibration with epa at 100% before calibration? All connections with clean soldering? Few things to check. Even try calibrating with the ch2 reversed.

Hi, I have this combo in 13.5t flavour and the ESC seems to forget its calibration once in a while. Happened when I first set it up and then again twice last week right before races! Made me miss the start of one whilst I recalibrated it. I also found that you have to do the setup a couple of times before it actually turns the motor as it should (steering is working fine through all of this). Have you updated the ESC firmware at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got things sorted. Someone suggested reversing the throttle channel the trying again & this is what I thought I'd tried but stupidly I didn't look at the labels on my transmitters reversing switches just assumed the one under the throttle was for throttle & the one under steering was for steering - WRONG!!!

Realized my mistake reversed the correct channel, re-calibrated ESC & hey presto worked 1st time.

• 1 month later...

i have a speed passion reventon S and a 13.5 motor combo, and i have a similar problem. its really weird actually as it doesent always happen. it sometimes runs fine then sometimes it will just randomly cut off all power. i switch it off and on again and its fine for a while. really annoying me and im considering fgoing with an orion or castle combo on my new buggy instead of swapping the speed passion one into it.

I had a similar problem at one race meeting when I was makeing adjustments to the ESC & accidentally reset all parameters. Connect your programming box up & make sure that the 'Low Voltage Cut-Off Threshhold' & the 'Overheat Protection' setting are disabled this should cure the ESC cutting out.

Hope this helps Rich.

Edited by spybot

• 6 months later...

Heya guys few question I've got a speed passion reventon s with a 10.5t motor sometimes when running it it cuts power sometimes is this due to thermo cut out if so if I turn it off with it damage the esc. Also what low voltage cut of should I have it set as I'm using a nimh 7.2v battery 3300 mah which has 6 battery's all in one. So should it be set as 3.2v?. If you could help that would be great.