• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pistonheads' Baja has now got a new owner...

Pistonhead

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to doing the mod after Norney Hurtmore sent me a length of 20mm id nomex braided hose free of charge :thumbsup:

Don't need jubilee clips or cable ties as it's such a tight fit on the pipe, just need fresh tx batteries then i can start running it again :-)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Put a tank through it last night and had no problems with exhaust gasses leaking, i had to use a good bit of force and some 7k diff (closest slippery substance i had to hand lol) oil to persuade it into going on.

It rarely make appearances at the moment with work getting mental busy, but when it is used, it's not pussy footed about lol.

I'll get a couple of jubilee clips for it if i get time, just to be on the safe side.

The other thing I found with my pipe when I modded it was the rear mounting. As it's only a single point and it is supporting the whole tail section...mine has started moving about a bit and has melted a bit of plastic around the back of the car. I am now looking at welding on a second support so it's bolted both sides.

The other thing I found with my pipe when I modded it was the rear mounting. As it's only a single point and it is supporting the whole tail section...mine has started moving about a bit and has melted a bit of plastic around the back of the car. I am now looking at welding on a second support so it's bolted both sides.

ive often wondered wht they don't come like that from the factory

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gave it a run in a car park last night after rebuilding the pullstart. Was doing some speed runs when i hit a shard of glass, slicing the rear tyre. The tyre let go with a bang and threw the car on the roof with a lovely shower of sparks from the roll cage, but no damage to anything else thankfully lol Ordered another pair of hostile clones and rear foams, but seeing as i'm tearing the wheels a part, i may as well order a set of silverback wheels and inner beadlock rings too lol

Edited by Pistonhead

where can i get get one of the roof plates from ph? lol

It's a standard metal roll cage on the KM's, the problem I had with mine (I have one if you REALLY want it) is you have to screw them in, rather than using body clips.

Oh hold on...it was a joke :D I am going to blame it on not being completely awake yet :P

• Like 1

It's a standard metal roll cage on the KM's, the problem I had with mine (I have one if you REALLY want it) is you have to screw them in, rather than using body clips.

Oh hold on...it was a joke :D I am going to blame it on not being completely awake yet :P

Refer to point 1. On the recent pm to you fella lol

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update apart from new wheels and tyres for it.

But i do have some plans for it now which include a 30.5 fullmod obr (only when the stocker dies), rcr rear brake kit and a set of mechatechs on the front, nylon cage, and a tr front shock brace.

Just done the links rytis im not sure what im doing next weekend yet but hopefully yeah try get the revo tuned.

These xq servos arnt well known in cars but theplane guys rate them as ooneof the best cheap servos which are actually going up and up in price those two are older versions the newer ones are as much as savox some even more.

Gotta remember tho dude, servos for off road rc takes a heck more abuse than planes etc, ive always used mpex and hitec, hitec are spot on for the price :-)

• 1 month later...

Ok, so after nearly four gallons of fuel, the stock clone carb has started to give tuning problems and is starting to run lean every ten minutes or so.

So will have to order a genuine 668 in a couple of weeks, and whilst i'm at it i'll track down a nylon cage to replace the steel one which is starting to rust after just six months.

Turns out, i couldn't find a tune, kept on running lean, so ordered some airfilter base gaskets.

Stripped it all down again tonight, and refitted with a dab of sealant on it's new gaskets, fired it up on base settings and i could instantly tell it had done the job, she was idling nice and evenly, just a tad on the slow side, but i'm taking it out tonight to retune it anyway so no biggy lol