• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM Baja's Basic "YES" & "NO" answers

Feedtheinferno

The original point was about people asking the same question on the same page thus creating 2 threads on the same page instead of looking through the wealth of info allready on the forum................

Now a forum needs questions to exist but it also needs a little bit of work from the askers side 

The one thing I do object to on forums is when people are told to use Google. If people are just going to be told to use Google we might as well close down the forum and be done with!

I'm with you there, I always thought the idea of asking a question on a hobby-specific forum was to hear from the experts who maybe have some experience in the field, rather than Google.

Reading and Seeing ALL the threads on HPI Baja's is pretty ruddy boring too. No one is having a pop at any of the HPI boys and Girls.

Said it before and I'll say it again......This forum should be re named the MSUK HPI Forum.  Screw all those wanting advice or to share a bit of excitement of starting in Large Scale.

Do I give a crap for for saying what I think? do I TISH!!

No one complains when a new boy comes on chatting about his HPI. HPI are TISH, ShenQi are a good product. It depends on what you do with it, like all the HPI Baja's have to have parts replaced for stronger bits....must be TISH out the box then, because ALL my FG's have been TONKA's!

Edited by KORB

The original point was about people asking the same question on the same page thus creating 2 threads on the same page instead of looking through the wealth of info allready on the forum................

Now a forum needs questions to exist but it also needs a little bit of work from the askers side 

If that's the case- Then all questions MUST have been asked over and over again over the years. And all answers MUST already be on the forum in the form of a serarch! No point carrying on with a forum or its threads then.

your not being very objective korb,

Nobody said you shouldnt share your joy with the other members and i for one enjoy reading newcomers stories and looking at the pics, nobody said dont talk about km or any other brand..............

as i see it its a question of good sense 

If that's the case- Then all questions MUST have been asked over and over again over the years. And all answers MUST already be on the forum in the form of a serarch! No point carrying on with a forum or its threads then.

The questions I have answered here HAVE all been answered at least three times today in separate threads all posted at the same time.

The questions I have answered here HAVE all been answered at least three times today in separate threads all posted at the same time.

Then the solution is very obviuosly clear- Don't answer them!

No point winding yourself up about other peoples questions.

Some new members will be still be finding their way around their account and probably are not sure about the search option.

• Like 2

this is a good thread until everyone started as per usual 

a discussion is one thing kill-switches etc but having a go like this 

he tried to help answering questions about bajas etc whats so wrong ?

a forum is where a group of enthusiasts gather together and share they're knowledge to hep newbies etc so how about we stop this stupid bickering before the thread gets locked and made pointless ? i think its actually quite a good idea all the info needed to successfully buy a 1/5th baja and all accessories to fit before start up 

This isn't about who's got what brand of car it's about the same question being asked again and again

I don't care if you've got a hpi or km hell I've got a km alloy clutch carrier on my hpi

Some people are fed up of seeing "I'm thinking of getting a baja should I get a km or hpi" or "what's your thoughts on the km baja"

Wow wish I hadn't started this. I did it to try and help newer people thinking about it to know the basics without having to ask and then wait for the same answers over and over and all you guys can do is moan about it.

this is what was always going to happen, i've been around long enough to know when an argument will stat just because of the question asked.

kill switches and clones 90% of the time end up in an argument.

this is the same on all forums and other sites with the same type of theme (even youtube comments)

It's already pointless. Plus he puts his point across in his first post in a very frustrating manner. If he had taken the time to make the points with proper reasoning behind them, in a pleasant way then yes the thread would be suitable, but because the thread is titled "let's put an end to this" and he's basically thrown his toys out the pram just because he's frustrated that people keep discussing these things in my opinion the thread shouldn't have been started in the first place. Multiple threads on a similar subject honestly don't bother me, I'll either look at them or scroll right past them on the new content page....

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc
  • Like 3

this is a good thread until everyone started as per usual 

a discussion is one thing kill-switches etc but having a go like this 

he tried to help answering questions about bajas etc whats so wrong ?

a forum is where a group of enthusiasts gather together and share they're knowledge to hep newbies etc so how about we stop this stupid bickering before the thread gets locked and made pointless ? i think its actually quite a good idea all the info needed to successfully buy a 1/5th baja and all accessories to fit before start up 

He was fed-up with the same questions. Best thing to do is not to reply.

• Like 1

Best thing to do imo, is for the mods clean this thread up, lock it and (maybe) pin it for the people looking for looking for some genuine information rather than the bitch fest this is now.

Just my two pence.

• Like 1

He was fed-up with the same questions. Best thing to do is not to reply.

its about pulling together and offering your advice yes i do agree it could of been phrased differently and would of been a rather pleasent read

i liked how i didnt have to look in several places for this info 

its about pulling together and offering your advice yes i do agree it could of been phrased differently and would of been a rather pleasent read

i liked how i didnt have to look in several places for this info 

YOU are clearly missing what he wrote! Yes everyone should pull together!  But hey - If someone says they are fed up with the same questions then ignore - dont reply! No-one's actually having a pop @FeedTheInferno it's his own mannerisms towards the original threads.

YOU are clearly missing what he wrote! Yes everyone should pull together!  But hey - If someone says they are fed up with the same questions then ignore - dont reply! No-one's actually having a pop @FeedTheInferno it's his own mannerisms towards the original threads.

ok ok i do get it his mannerisms arent the best but it is actually a little annoying neewbies will always be around we should put a 1/5th scale checklist 

killswitch etc etc if you ent got em dont run it 

this is what was always going to happen, i've been around long enough to know when an argument will stat just because of the question asked.

kill switches and clones 90% of the time end up in an argument.

this is the same on all forums and other sites with the same type of theme (even youtube comments)

It used to be "hpi baja or fg baja" lool we have made progress up to killswitches and clones now, next "hpi baja or losi 5ive" or has that been done to death too?

Anywho, IMO it comes down to basic forum etiquette.....people can't be bothered to search for the answers they want so same posts pop up daily, I'm sure we all did it as newbies?!?

So lets look at this objectively because let's face it, I am being insulted by m3lyc out of nowhere.

I have started a thread, you m3lyc say its a open forum saying people will air what they like. I decided to title this thread in respect to the amount of questions we got around KMs as of late, hence trying to "ending this" it's a end to newer members being confused. If you read it incorrectly then that's your problem.

Don't come preaching about how it's a open forum and then complaining about the way I have worded something I am genuinely trying to help with in a way you don't like. Your problem not mine...get over yourself.

I am fed up with the amount of people asking the same thing when it should be available in a post like this. My wording is concise and to the point in order to be clear to someone who has never owned one before.

What actually upsets me is the fact rather than ask me, a number of you have jumped to the conclusion that I am out to moan about new members, if instead of insult me or belittle me you have just said something like "I like the thread or thread concept, lets keep it but change ****" then that would be acceptable. But because you have a keyboard at the ready you just plough on in with little regard.

The fact I own a KM also too the fact my knowledge arou d them could actually help and when more complicated questions come up again I try to help.

So lets look at this objectively because let's face it, I am being insulted by m3lyc out of nowhere.

I have started a thread, you m3lyc say its a open forum saying people will air what they like. I decided to title this thread in respect to the amount of questions we got around KMs as of late, hence trying to "ending this" it's a end to newer members being confused. If you read it incorrectly then that's your problem.

Don't come preaching about how it's a open forum and then complaining about the way I have worded something I am genuinely trying to help with in a way you don't like. Your problem not mine...get over yourself.

I am fed up with the amount of people asking the same thing when it should be available in a post like this. My wording is concise and to the point in order to be clear to someone who has never owned one before.

What actually upsets me is the fact rather than ask me, a number of you have jumped to the conclusion that I am out to moan about new members, if instead of insult me or belittle me you have just said something like "I like the thread or thread concept, lets keep it but change ****" then that would be acceptable. But because you have a keyboard at the ready you just plough on in with little regard.

The fact I own a KM also too the fact my knowledge arou d them could actually help and when more complicated questions come up again I try to help.

Sorry, but what I said was for you not to reply if you're fed up with reading them, it's really simple. You're not forum obliged to answer every question asked. No one was having a go at you, I don't hink I said anything offensive to be honest, if I have , then I will put my hands up and say sorry.

I stayed off this forum for a long time , because I was fed up with all the HPI Baja threads. Boring to say the least! But no one was moaning or complaining about the constant questions which I stand by when I say that ALL questions on Parts and Repairs Etc,etc have been answered over and over again through the years.

I can't really say you have not been helpful in your reponses to the questions, because that is something you felt you could answer. So well done for helping! but like I said , if you get fed-up then just read something else or just dont get involved- many others on here will always have something to say on subjects brought up, or in this case constantly repeated. no one is forcing YOU to be the Forum Oracle.

Only so many replies can be given on any subject before all the info is out there. Has for being a Keyboard warrior, then sorry, but that's something I am not! Making comments such as that makes me annoyed . if this is a forum , then people can say what they feel. if you or anyone else has a problem with others responding to your comments , then don't say anything in the first place. Easier to stay quiet I believe. :thumbsup:

Edited by KORB
  • Like 1

Exactly my point in regards to being fed up. I am in no way fed up with the questions I had noticed we had three consecutive members on here today all new asking the exact same questions.

I aimed this at none of them as I am not trying to punish the new I just wanted to put the basics out there for people to read. Again you are misconstruing the fed up part, I am not trying to save anyone or be some sort of "Oracle" but if everyone thought "oh I had better not put anything to help" then no one would ever do it. Not the attitude I like to have.

But I suppose in hindsight I should have worded it better and I have hopefully amended it to be more positive and helpful, I will change it if people wish or even add too it. I was hoping people would suggest things to add but instead I get this :/

Edited by Feedtheinferno