• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hpi savage xs ss

algenash12

Get yourself a hobbywing wp sc8 combo, most favour the 4000kv can. You'll want a decent metal geared high Torque servo, that's personal preference really as there are loads to choose from at various price points, tyre wise I had great success with proline dirt paws and dirt hawgs. Batteries again are a personal choice but I always opted for 2s 5000mah 30c or greater, always got about 25/30 mins runtime.. And definitely get the wheelie bar..

I've got that set up - love it, when I get the chance to take it out and let it rip :)

Look at this thread - lots of pages to work through, but lots of useful info to work from

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/145213-everything-savage-xs/

hi, thanks for replys, have decided to go with the hobbywing sc8 with 4 pole 4400kv motor. have decided on the hitec (hs 7985mg) servo. And for tires are going with proline badlands 2.2.

You'll want to watch your gearing on those badlands they are a very tall 2.2 tire..

• 2 weeks later...

have just finished my build of my xs ss kit (still got to paint body), fired up the electrics to do a test run indoors runs ok but the gear box is making a terrible noise is this normal? or do i need to do some investigating.

have just finished my build of my xs ss kit (still got to paint body), fired up the electrics to do a test run indoors runs ok but the gear box is making a terrible noise is this normal? or do i need to do some investigating.

Sounds like it needs investigating, make you you have put the motor bolts in the correct holes for the pinion you're running. Also double check your pinion pitch if you're running different from stock.

keeping everything stock at mo, have checked the holes for the pinion and they are correct ones for stock pinion, turn gear box by hand all movement seems fine fine but as soon as power applied makes a horrible noise. it like a load grinding noise,