• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

esc up in smoke

Cod head

lol no just the fact an incorrectly disposed of lipo can be a serious fire risk especially if its faulty like your was. Sorry for thinking about yours and others safety.

• Like 1

It's overgeared, my Ansmann truggy has a 2200Kv motor with a 14tooth pinion and mine is overgeared! Mine of course has big wheels but with a slower motor so should be a rough comparison. In this temperature I have to drive very conservatively to keep the motor from melting!

lol no just the fact an incorrectly disposed of lipo can be a serious fire risk especially if its faulty like your was. Sorry for thinking about yours and others safety.

'ello, 'ello, 'ello... What's going on 'ere then.. Improperly disposed of lipos? We won't be 'avin any of that round 'ere! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The 160a esc will work mate but they are only rated to 160a max and they have a reputation of being rather, how can I put it.... S***! Had one with my virus and 2650 and it blew after about 4 packs. Find the 150a one or I use the ezrun sc8 wp 120a. Rated much higher than the 160a and around the same price (ish) hope this helps bud.

The 160a esc will work mate but they are only rated to 160a max and they have a reputation of being rather, how can I put it.... S***! Had one with my virus and 2650 and it blew after about 4 packs. Find the 150a one or I use the ezrun sc8 wp 120a. Rated much higher than the 160a and around the same price (ish) hope this helps bud.

I have the same Turnigy 160A ESC and the matching Trackstar 2650 motor in a hyper 7. I ran it at a bash last week with a few guys off here, paulramage, mini-z-awd, rossyra, and they'll vouch for its incredible performance. I was using mainly 3S and it coped well, then I comnected 2 together and ran 6S. I was doing crazy stuff including backflips and flat out speed runs on grass. I also had some HORRIBLE landings that ended with a centre drive shaft being V shaped! The motor got to 58 degrees celcius and the ESC was 62. It comes down to spending time matching your kit, car and gearing. Some ESCs are rubbish, but if you take the time to set them up well and monitor temps etc, especially when new, you'll be ok.

Was quite a sight to see when the cloud went up over the bunker!

Hope you get it sorted soon mate, and like I said last night maybe get a 1:10 buggy like mine and Marks so we have a pool of spares between us.

• Like 1

Are you checking your temps between runs? I ran my 2650kv quite hard in 12minute race and got 32c. with a fan and 44/16 gearing. What sort of temps are you getting? Reference to what you said to Stretch he isn't the "RC Police" bit of lip ey mate. I have heard of peoples bin's catching fire heard of and if it goes into main bin I have heard of people getting in trouble from there council for it, so in theory he is just doing you a favor and i'm sure if your council come knocking ignorance won't cut it. :)

Edited by Haro

It was the ezrun wp ec8 120a that I had in it, think I 'll take Richard's advice and try the 160 and have a mess about with the gearing

I didn't know that bud or I wouldn't have suggested it (oops!) Hope it works out for you mate.