• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Quanum aquaholic and relentless from hobbyking..

smash

So got it all together and filled the bath she floats and no water coming in so that's a plus plugged in a lipo and gave the throttle a blip and alls well done this serval times and the shaft is staying put

So guessing the next step is to go take her to the the lake ! Just waiting on the rod I ordered hopefully it will be here in the morning !

• Like 1

So got it all together and filled the bath she floats and no water coming in so that's a plus plugged in a lipo and gave the throttle a blip and alls well done this serval times and the shaft is staying put

So guessing the next step is to go take her to the the lake ! Just waiting on the rod I ordered hopefully it will be here in the morning !

that deserves a hoorah buddy, I'm off to the pond tomorrow myself.. Have a great day..

Thanks fella has been a learning curve for sure not the best start to a new avenue of the hobby at least its all sorted now..

Thing is not sure what to do now might get some footage of it working and sell it on ? Perhaps get something with a little easier parts support and a stronger hull ? Not giving up on boats but maybe just this model.. At least whoever buys it if i sell will have a few spares and i know for the future where to source parts for other models. 

Thanks fella has been a learning curve for sure not the best start to a new avenue of the hobby at least its all sorted now..

Thing is not sure what to do now might get some footage of it working and sell it on ? Perhaps get something with a little easier parts support and a stronger hull ? Not giving up on boats but maybe just this model.. At least whoever buys it if i sell will have a few spares and i know for the future where to source parts for other models. 

i would keep it bud, as if you think about it you have just spent the time and money making it better so it should be fine from now on.

i say keep it and enjoy it mate :thumbsup:

great thread by the way!

smash you are a very helpful chap :thumbsup: need more like you in the world!

• Like 1

Yep gonna go float it and see whats what if i like it then great if not smash will be getting his hands on it !. Hopefully it was just a blip and it will work out just fine 

Those stock bits from litehawk still never showed yet ?! 

Have to give a huge thanks to smash as without his help i'd more than likely have given up on it  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yep gonna go float it and see whats what if i like it then great if not smash will be getting his hands on it !. Hopefully it was just a blip and it will work out just fine

Those stock bits from litehawk still never showed yet ?!

Have to give a huge thanks to smash as without his help i'd more than likely have given up on it :thumbsup:

well vibration an email from the guys at lite hawk yesterday because the flex shaft is out of stock for a week or so, I ordered a bunch of spares because they are cheap, anyhow they seem like straight up guys and asked if I wanted a two part delivery or just wait for a complete order. I chose the latter, check your spam folder rich it may be that you have an email from them..

well vibration an email from the guys at lite hawk yesterday because the flex shaft is out of stock for a week or so, I ordered a bunch of spares because they are cheap, anyhow they seem like straight up guys and asked if I wanted a two part delivery or just wait for a complete order. I chose the latter, check your spam folder rich it may be that you have an email from them..

lol vibration :D 'I got'

Well i had an awesome afternoon on the pond with the boat all was just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup: .. She ran like a little charm ran all 4 packs through her without one hitch well sort of, i took the gopro out with me and mounted it on my head strap filmed  just about the whole run then released i left the silly lens cap protector on :shockingscary: knew it was a bad idea to buy them !

So other than losing all the footage had a real great day .. Oh and i didn't even use the rod as i have fitted a lipo alarm so it gives plenty of warning before the pack dies and i'm left stranded !!

Had a few top speed runs but was keeping most of it at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle just till i get used to the way it handles must say having no reverse is something to remember thou  :yes:

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

Well i had an awesome afternoon on the pond with the boat all was just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: .. She ran like a little charm ran all 4 packs through her without one hitch well sort of, i took the gopro out with me and mounted it on my head strap filmed just about the whole run then released i left the silly lens cap protector on :shockingscary: knew it was a bad idea to buy them !

So other than losing all the footage had a real great day .. Oh and i didn't even use the rod as i have fitted a lipo alarm so it gives plenty of warning before the pack dies and i'm left stranded !!

Had a few top speed runs but was keeping most of it at 1/2 - 3/4 throttle just till i get used to the way it handles must say having no reverse is something to remember thou :yes:

gotta say buddy I was pretty confident that I wouldn't have to put my hand in my pocket, when the weather's good and there's a nice bit of water to be had nothing beats a relaxing couple of hours at full chat ;)

I'm glad your enjoying the boat..

The shaft turned up today from Litehawk was surprised to find its stub is longer than the replacement i had made but it all still works and fits.. :thumbsup: 

Was over the pond earlier and not sure what happened but the boat just flipped and rolled landing on its top, so out came the trusty fishing rod first cast was a no where near hopeless shot second one saw the float and weight go flying off never to be seen again :shockingscary:.. so i ended up with a spare cross spanner and a small twig tied on certainly gave folks a laugh seeing me hopelessly trying to catch me boat !

Finally got it in and there's no damage other than my pride  :tease: and the loss of the float and weights..lucky for me i have been using some red insulation tape to seal the hatch down as well as the latch so no water was inside :thumbsup: thank god but it ended me evening boating   

Excellent, you'll experience more than a few flips, mostly by overcooking a turn at wot and sometimes because you hit a bit of wake etc. Catamarans in my experience are a lot more susceptible to flips during hard turns than mono hulls.

I use red mist 15lb line, a small weight and a float.. So that's good for around seven kilos.. The rod will snap before the line does ;)

Posted Image

Yep that's like what i just saw flying off through the air, when i was at the fishing shop i also got some extra weights and some bright day-glow orange popper beads but like a fool left them at home ..

Finally a bit of footage for you guys

top job rich, that's an impressive bit of water you have to play in, you'll be needing something a little faster in the not too distant future to take full advantage of it ;)

top job rich, that's an impressive bit of water you have to play in, you'll be needing something a little faster in the not too distant future to take full advantage of it ;)

yep big huge nitro f1 tunnel hehehe , thats a huge bit of water i mean you could set a nice big track on that

Yep nice pond in the middle of the common not sure if i'm supposed to use it or not to be honest.. I'm alright for speed for now any ways but you never know ! .. 

Have noticed that the cat seems to list to one side same as lipo so was thinking of just adding one to the other side as ballast ? Also in turns it lifts one side and sinks in the other making it a little unstable again because i thinks it not weighted even .. Not sure if it will put to much strain on the motor thou and stress out the prop?? 

I have been using just insulation tape around the top to help seal it but might see if there's something better?? could someone link me some grease please ?

For now just having fun not serious boating just good old fashion fun 

Heya mate here's a link to the grease, excellent stuff and cheap to boot..

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171069524434

It's always a good idea to evenly distribute weight inside the hull, I'm not a fan of of centre mounts In a single pack set up, if your are going to use another as ballast you may as well make up or buy a parallel harness and run both packs to give extra runtime like I do..

Electrical tape is about as good as it gets really for hatches as it's low tack and conforms well to shapes, I use magic tape too sometimes but that tends to split when you remove it which is a ball ache..

OK thanks got the greased ordered up just using what i had to hand for now but should be here soon enough.. Got some connectors on there way to make up a parallel lead as thought that too, as for the tape the one i was using has started to remove the top clear coat round the hatch so may just end up with the cheapo stuff from pound land ? DSC01587_zps430ccbd7.jpg

Wow just got an email from Hobbyking out the blue informing me that they will be getting my missing parts from there supplier and forwarding them to me asap..Looks like i've gone from no shaft to having a shaft store !!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

That's hatch burn mate, it's pretty much unavoidable Tbf, all you can do is try to minimise it.. Hence the low tack tape. A bit of the wife's clear nail varnish will sort and stops the colour getting peeled off.

Hi mydoddy

Glad you got your boat up n running at last, this thread made a good read and a few laughs, but not at your expense , honestly. Nice boat at a nice price. Catch you later buddy.

So out again trying to balance this out but must say struggling a lot .. So i thought it would be a simple case of fitting each side with a  lipo and job done but no.. If i place a lipo both sides its to much weight and causes the boat to flip real easy on its top even tried shoving them up front or toward the rear or even off level with each other but no good.. with one pack on just the side its supposed its great at full beans but the slightest turn and its lifting the nose on one corner, the opposite to the lipo side but always the side the rudder is on ..

Now thinking this of side rudder may be causing the issue in the turns ??   

Think i may just place the rudder in the center like on the aquaholic and blank off the old screw holes ??.  looks like its do able easy enough, and going to try some wheel weights adding a few at a time 

Any other ideas welcome !? ..