• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi blitz thread

Seems like it won't be christmas for me today :( just phoned radshaperc and turns out UPS didn't turn up yesterday. So I will put this in words I'm allowed to use on here ******* zzzzzzz ssssss ffff. Sorry words escape me! I'm gutted!!! :(

Well the blitz flux turned up today.... Love it. Really thinking of getting either higher c 2s batteries or some decent 3s batteries... And ostewart your right steering is well loose.... EBay purchase I believe. Fitted my slash wheels also and the mad a difference to traction. Still love it and will be playing more to get use to the rwd action.

It does take a while to learn the throttle control of a 2wd. It will spin out quickly if you are too aggressive.

Yeah the steering bellcrank upgrade is essential I believe. A lot less slop.

Then you can look are RPM a-arms and personally I went for titanium turnbuckles with traxxas captured rod ends. Then it is super strong and other bits are a little more bling.

For good, but affordable 2s batteries:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29013__Turnigy_nano_tech_6000mah_2S2P_65_130C_Hardcase_Lipo_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

I would stick with 2s, otherwise you have to mess about with gearing and battery tray more. Also 2s is plenty fast for nearly all use. Especially with the right gearing.

Nice one! I will look into getting that battery looks like a beast!

With that upgrade bellcrank do I need to replace any bushes bearings etc

Used the car last night in the dry wow didn't realise now much it was spinning in the wet.

Ok thanks.

I've just ordered that nano tech battery you recommended. So the steering will have to wait till next month will look into to cost of the bearings on rcbearings now. Thanks for all the advise.

Hi got an issue with my blitz flux its running the emh3s waterproof. Well took it out over the waste lands by me and throw some puddles and a deep puudle. So picked it up and carried on no problem then the battery went flat as lost traction or so I thought put then battery on charge which was at 6.9v charged it and swapped the wheels over. Went to try it and its lost drive and the ESC fan comes on and goes throw the different speeds. HELP!!

Check your connections! Someone recently had the same sort of problems and it turned out to be a bit of water sitting the ESC fan socket, so with any luck that will sort it.

Thanks for the reply. Got it sorted. Thats to ostewart over pm. I ended up stripping it down and putting the ESC on a towel and on the rad. When ostewart suggested recalibrate the esc . so I re built carried out setup and bingo all good again. Just waiting for weekend again now to have a second run with it :)

Thanks again.

Guys is this motor good for the blitz

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-flux-mmh-4000kv-brushless-motor/rc-car-products/380925

I cancelled my hw3656 because I ordered it on the 16th December and still not here lol

WASNT modelsport though

I want to order now so it's here for the weekend :-)

Edited by jjh23

Guys is this motor good for the blitz

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-flux-mmh-4000kv-brushless-motor/rc-car-products/380925

I cancelled my hw3656 because I ordered it on the 16th December and still not here lol

WASNT modelsport though

I want to order now so it's here for the weekend :-)

Yes that will defo do the job!

Well totally gutted played to with car again last night in the rain went really well went to play again tonight and nothing! Tried to recalibrate the esc but still no drive. Not happt . called the shop and all they said was to send it back!! And if they cant fix it they will send it off to hpi!! Which could take a couple of weeks..... Not happy so much for it being waterproof.

Just finished fitting a wp-sc8 esc and hpi flux mmh-4000kv motor to my sons blitz as an upgrade from a fire bolt brushed motor, it's fair to say its a tad quicker now. Tested in in the street about 9:30pm lol

He will have a shock when he has a go tomorrow

Think some other upgrades may be in order as I've not done any yet!

I must build my firestorm too

had a quick look and i think the proline bug for the slash fits

Cheers, Sean, I think they do two, will it matter which one? I can always contact Modelsport and ask them if you're not sure, I just thought someone on here might have done it already.

I see you've been out with the Super 5sc flux, How'd it go? When do we see the vid?

• Like 1

Cheers, Sean, I think they do two, will it matter which one? I can always contact Modelsport and ask them if you're not sure, I just thought someone on here might have done it already.

I see you've been out with the Super 5sc flux, How'd it go? When do we see the vid?

It's brilliant mate, hpi are smashing it out the park at the moment, least for me that is.

It's brilliant mate, hpi are smashing it out the park at the moment, least for me that is.

Yeah, I spent years and a small fortune on Traxxas, then I got the Baja and S5 and now I'm hooked!

Five minutes in the street with the Blitz. Steering's a little sloppy, STRC rack will be a must.

Power on 2s is OK, 3s should be serious fun!

Grip on the stock tyres is good on Tarmac, but I don't want to ruin them, so Street rubber will be needed.

Handling seems quite well dialed, nice low cog compared to the Slash 4x4 I had a few years back.