• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi blitz thread

Believe me when I say this guy's, get the hpi steering rack. The difference it makes is night/day. All of sudden the 1/8 boys at the track are worrying I'm gonna fly past em! Definitely worth the 55 quid. Plus it's the best quality machining ive seen in rc parts so far

• Like 1

It really is a huge upgrade, that and white ESE rod ends, makes a hell of a difference.

I remember I borrowed a stock blitz when mine was out of action, wow was the steering slow and sloppy.

Mine with the HPI steering rack and savox SC1257 is so quick and responsive.

• Like 1

My blitz has very little slop, and is very stiff and responsive which is how I like it.

It can be a handful to drive sometimes but at least it responds to input instantly, and can actually corner.

Also see how much the rear shock tower flexes, its crazy. Went alum on that, not necessary but I can now tune the shocks properly as they do all the work as they should. No extra flex from arms or towers.

Well the steering rack and ESE rod ends are great upgrades for a basher, along with chassis braces.

In my opinion the steering knuckles are also a good part to upgrade, as I got fed up of stripping out the plastic ones, even RPM ones stripped too easily, so I went aluminium, they have been in place for many months without being removed and are still holding up perfectly.

I've just got back from an awesome couple of hours bashing. The Trenchers are incredible, so much control I don't know what to do with it lol :D

Looks like I'll be busy cleaning for the next hour or so though20151115_131303-1_zps1mctey6s.jpg

Would you say the Trenchers are better than Badlands? 

• 2 weeks later...

Done a good job on that son. Which reminds me. Full rebuild kit to order for mine.

I've just ordered t bones for the Hyper and was wondering if anyone had a rear tbone fitted to the blitz. Reason being is my motor can has taken a bit of a beating at one end. What I'm asking is does it give more protection to the motor than the stock bumper?

The tbone looks more rigid, I'd like to see it mounted without the shell though. I agree, the front has been great but I snapped the rear brace straight away and the bumper quickly followed. The ese kit includes front and rear bumpers so I might as well change them both.

• 2 weeks later...