• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi blitz thread

Made a little figure 8 track at a local park, my phone can't capture it all but I made a couple of little jumps too, it's very loose wood chips/dirt so am getting some badlands for the rear and going to put my trenchers on the front. Some vids:

Edited by ostewart

Now got badlands on the rear, trenchers up front. Grips awesome on loose dirt/gravel.

Also fitted all lunsford titanium turnbuckles with traxxas captured rod ends on. Bulletproof hopefully. I'm trying to not do too many bad landings and break anything.

Alturn servo seems fine too. Got a bluebird backup if I need it.

Edited by ostewart

Here you go: (got my shock sox today)

onAIJ72.jpg

Been very unlucky with HPI motors, 2 flux motors with dodgy bearings. so I went ahead and ordered a Castle 1410. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Edited by ostewart
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

heres mine with it's new body, proline evo SC. Cheapo wheels as I'm still waiting for my 17mm hex conversion kit. Using the Castle 1410, geared 24/84 still running very cool, with very good speed. Up to 26/81 it is then :)

excuse the phone pics.

75UvMul.jpg

GRAtSOp.jpg

• Like 2

This hobby is bad for me... Just ordered STRC alum front and rear shock towers, and camber plate, also ESE front a-arms, and RPM rear a-arms (didn't go for RPM front as I have the aluminium bulkhead)

I went for the alum shock towers, as they are very flexible and can see this affecting handling, it is good for impact absorption but I would rather the stiffer ones. Going gun metal colour like my steering rack.

On another note, does anyone still run stock slipper? as I have a Calandra setup on its way, but forgot I cannot use it with the AE spurs and slipper pads I use on the E-Firestorm topshaft. 

So the Calandra kit will be up for sale for a modest price.

Nope. I run an e-firestorm slipper setup with ae pads and spur.

I was going to use the plates from the CRC but they wont work with the spurs i use.

This is what i'll be selling: http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=117

Been stripping my Blitz apart today to clean it properly but ive found it needs a few bits, bearings and all four of the drive cup things on the back.

Been thinking about selling a couple of my cars so i can get something else anyway so might do it while it will be all serviced and clean.... or ill get the MIP CVD's and the rear RPM bits to match the front, the Blitz is a fun truck.

Rember that the MIP CVD's will only work with the ball diff as they are slightly longer than normal.

STRC will work with normal gear diff.

I'm still unsure whether to change the hubs to rpm or not. I'll leave them stock for now though.