• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi blitz thread

Gave it a run on the street today, was fine with the 18 tooth. Motor got to 40 degrees. Need to sort some tyres and a new steering servo when I have the cash. Currently got Nanda blocks on the back and trenchers on the front. It wouldn't steer very well the the blocks on the front.

Saw something a little different on another Short Course forum and wanted one! So here's the start of my new look 'Rhino Blitz' lol.

Black with green fleck paint, ghost flames and chrome checker plate. Will have roll bars, roof and bumper lights, paddles, Aerial with flag and maybe a driver. :)

gu1y.jpg
vtia.jpg

• Like 1

That she'll, I asked a few years back about this shell from proline I couldn't find it anywhere lol

Also I have a question. I'm only running 2s in my blitz and I can't plant the power down, even if I slowly build the speed it's impossible to maintain a straight line, I'm wanting to try out a 3s battery but unless I can get grip I'm not even going to try, what wheel combo do you lot use for pure grip, also if I run 2s and then want to change to 3s do I need to set up my esc for it,or can I just take out a 2s slap in a 3s and go? I know it's will take 3s easily, cheers for any help

I'm currently running 3s in my blitz with the stock wheels and I'm not having any grip probs at all, they seem to hook up just fine in the wet or dry, in fact the only prob I have is figuring out the appropriate gearing.

At the moment my set up is 4000kv vektor motor Vapor ESC with 21/88 pinion/ spur.

I have run 2s and 3s by just switching battery's.

Edited by Bicko

• 2 weeks later...

That she'll, I asked a few years back about this shell from proline I couldn't find it anywhere lol

Also I have a question. I'm only running 2s in my blitz and I can't plant the power down, even if I slowly build the speed it's impossible to maintain a straight line, I'm wanting to try out a 3s battery but unless I can get grip I'm not even going to try, what wheel combo do you lot use for pure grip, also if I run 2s and then want to change to 3s do I need to set up my esc for it,or can I just take out a 2s slap in a 3s and go? I know it's will take 3s easily, cheers for any help

My Blitz is rapid on 2 and 3s and the stock tyres i found are not bad at all. Much better that the tyres my Slash came with. Also use Proline Trenchers (soft) which are great. Have you tried turning the punch down on the ESC. With the castle link you can adjust all the settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Took it out yesterday and really enjoyed it. I was considering selling it as I was struggling using it on grass, couldn't keep it in a straight line but at a different place on damp sandy dirt it was a blast. Still a challenge but fun! With the trenchers on the back it had just the right amount of grip.

• 6 months later...

I'm planning on putting e-firestorm top shaft so I can use Associated spurs as I have a few including slipper pads lying around. Hoping to use 20/84 with a 4800kv brushless flux vektor motor. Depends on temps

Already ordered all e-firestorm parts for conversion. Hoping to have it running next week so I can tune it to my bashing needs

Edited by ostewart

I notice from this thread that it used to be possible to buy the Blitz in kit form. Has the kit now been discontinued? Doesn't seem to be anywhere on the Hpi website.

Got my blitz up and running, trying to find a half decent waterproof servo, using an Etronix servo at the moment.

I'm going to install the alum steering rack and change the holes on it so it has a better turning circle. but it is a pretty good runner.

Looks awesome too, took it to the skate park and got some good air, then on some wet mud. Good speed only on 20/84 gearing, pops wheelies without slipper being too tight, motor not hot at all, so I'm going to up the pinion.

Overall loving it

Got this servo:

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9441__Turnigy_620DMG_HS_High_Torque_Digital_Servo_MG_10_6kg_13sec_52g.html

Nice and fast, had to do a bit of handy work with the dremel to get it to fit in my blitz as it is a tiny bit longer than a regular servo.

Here is my blitz, was having problems with ESC but have found out it was overheating, so pinion down for me, back to 20/84 which is still plenty fast enough, might even have to go down to 18/84 or 18/81.

UTpCQB9.jpg

gyp0oGT.jpg

hYy7ZGJ.jpg

7Xmwent.jpg

sQ3lAwV.jpg

Bashed my blitz pretty hard on some dirt ramps today. Held up like a champ, might need a new body at this rate of bashing.

Only problem is rear ball ends popping off, nearly lost a dogbone 4 times. So ordered ESE white rod ends as they are stiffer. And am going to use those on one end, traxxas captured on the other. So ball on camber block and captured on hub. Going to use captured both ends of steering rods.

Very happy though with the blitz

Also got the hard springs for the gmade shocks, and when jumping on concrete I make sure I stiffen them up so the chassis doesn't slap hard on the ground :)

Might get some Proline Badlands for the rear when mudding, and some Street Fighters for on the concrete skate ramps. I keep the stock tires on the front as they are fine.

Edited by ostewart