• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new throttle servo but possible fault ?

snapon

Just fitted a new hitec hs645mg throttle servo and may have fault with settings ? With original km baja servo , channel 2 on flysky was set to REV and endpoint was used to set throttle travel . Now with new hitec in REV it works opposite way to original so set it to NOR and then works but now endpoint only sets up the brake travel and not throttle which it did before ? Am i missing something ?

Only throttle endpoint before , not brake . It can be set from 0-120% . 0 being least travel and 120 max but only on brake this is after fitting the hitec . So now im not getting full throttle on carb opening as i have no endpoint adjustment as its set to norm on channel 2 . Old servo was set to rev and had endpoint adjustment for throttle . If i set hitec to rev on channel 2 is works opposite way ? Is it because the hitec is not digital servo ?

You could use one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Servo-Signal-Reverser-can-be-used-in-line-to-reverse-the-signal-to-a-servo-/230991127524?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item35c824e3e4

I am sure I have put the plug in before the wrong way round when I've had the same problem but means a bit of trimming to the plug (at your own risk)

You could use one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Servo-Signal-Reverser-can-be-used-in-line-to-reverse-the-signal-to-a-servo-/230991127524?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item35c824e3e4

I am sure I have put the plug in before the wrong way round when I've had the same problem but means a bit of trimming to the plug (at your own risk)

You can reverse it on the hand set mate.

Right, my problem was full travel in brake direction and half travel in throttle direction (or thereabouts). I have an 'ATL' setting but the Chinese manual didnt say exactly what it was for but it did say "for adjusting the throttle brake side value". I adjusted that and it increased the throttle travel so set it so the throttle just opened fully so not to strain the carb.