• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Post up a random picture and keep it clean please

wangerman69

On 23/12/2017 at 23:19, MissT said:

I'd sort of like to know what this is about but I'm afraid to find out in case the answer is disappointing.

743a53aaebb5e6fd12a56bd32da18a76.jpg.53ef427df2adefabd66b731365359d31.jpg

Eugen hartung- the cats and the moon

Swiss painter who produced original postcards for companies to print of ( usually of anthropomorphic cats) notably munzil pre ww2 and the mainzer company post ww2

Not wanting to poke holes in AJs and big G's theory but how in the hell does the fish put the fag in behind its gills, you can buy waterproof matches so lighting is not a problem but the fins won't reach to place the fag. Come on people!

Edited by autobutcher
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Eugen hartung- the cats and the moon

Swiss painter who produced original postcards for companies to print of ( usually of anthropomorphic cats) notably munzil pre ww2 and the mainzer company post ww2

Thank you. The explanation is a little mundane but Hartung's inspiration is still a myster, so I'll just put it down to Absinthe :D

• Haha 1

HMS Warspite: The greatest battleship, of all time.

HMS_Warspite,_Indian_Ocean_1942.jpg

Warspite_Crest.jpg

What makes her the greatest? Well...

-Most awards for a British vessel, during WW1.

-Most awards for a vessel, of any nation, during WW2.

-The only ship to take part in active duty for both wars and survive.

-Her Fairey Swordfish float-plane was the first aircraft to sink a U-Boat, during the war and the ONLY battleship-launched aircraft to ever sink a submarine.

-The flagship of the most one-sided victory in modern naval history.

-Holds the world record for longest successful artillery shot, from a moving vessel to a moving vessel, when she hit the fleeing Italian Battleship Giulio Cesare with her first salvo, at a range of 24.1km!! FYI, that's waaay over the horizon.

-In 1916, during the Battle of Jutland, she was holed 150 times, kept fighting and still managed to leave, under her own steam! She also, inadvertantly, saved the immobilised cruiser HMS Warrior, when (with her stearing jammed, due to damage) she circled in-front of Warrior, shielding her from German artillery fire, long enough for Warrior to get back underway.

-First ship to fire her guns on D-day, signalling the start of the assault.

-More enemy ships sunk and more battles won than any other battleship, in history.

-Undefeated (arguable, both sides claimed victory at Jutland).

-Broke free of her rigging, TWICE, while being towed to scrap... the crew claimed she was trying to escape, back out to the North Sea, where she belonged.

There's probably more, but the list is long! She should never have been scrapped. :(

Edited by Praet0r87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Praet0r87 said:

HMS Warspite: The greatest battleship, of all time.

HMS_Warspite,_Indian_Ocean_1942.jpg

Warspite_Crest.jpg

What makes her the greatest? Well...

-Most awards for a British vessel, during WW1.

-Most awards for a vessel, of any nation, during WW2.

-The only ship to take part in active duty for both wars and survive.

-Her Fairey Swordfish float-plane was the first aircraft to sink a U-Boat, during the war and the ONLY battleship-launched aircraft to ever sink a submarine.

-The flagship of the most one-sided victory in modern naval history.

-Holds the world record for longest successful artillery shot, from a moving vessel to a moving vessel, when she hit the fleeing Italian Battleship Giulio Cesare with her first salvo, at a range of 24.1km!! FYI, that's waaay over the horizon.

-In 1916, during the Battle of Jutland, she was holed 150 times, kept fighting and still managed to leave, under her own steam! She also, inadvertantly, saved the immobilised cruiser HMS Warrior, when (with her stearing jammed, due to damage) she circled in-front of Warrior, shielding her from German artillery fire, long enough for Warrior to get back underway.

-First ship to fire her guns on D-day, signalling the start of the assault.

-More enemy ships sunk and more battles won than any other battleship, in history.

-Undefeated (arguable, both sides claimed victory at Jutland).

-Broke free of her rigging, TWICE, while being towed to scrap... the crew claimed she was trying to escape, back out to the North Sea, where she belonged.

There's probably more, but the list is long! She should never have been scrapped. :(

I agree but I did read a very interesting juxtaposition the other day about why she was scrapped. I'll see if I can find it.