• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Turnigy sct 2wd build :)

Brett92

thanks, am having fun building this to be honest, currently building the rear end and plonking it onto the chassis, where the frick did banana man come from? lol

Got a roller one of these sat in a box. Rear shocks emptied themselves of oil in transit. Working my way through a full alloy rebuild of a maverick strada sct (just used some moly CV grease on its diffs too) before I have a proper look at the Turnigy. I only have a 4.5t sensored motor for it atm too, which I think is not going to end well. Enjoying the thread, should be useful when I feel confident to look at mine.

a friend of mine is in need of a rear axle if ur willing to sell the one off ur turnigy since ur bothering with the maverick atm? or maybe even the whole truck?

Think I'd like to keep it ta, maverick is a project for me to get the hang of things as hsp parts from China are silly cheap before I approach the turnigy. Will let you know if change my mind tho.

cars finally built, shell hasnt been cut out cause i have no paint yet, i just have to set up the camber and toe, and tape and glue the tyres but its pretty much done  :hahadance:

update :)

stage 5:

contents-

chassis

side guards

servo mount & random bits n bobs

19.jpg

the servo i bought from hobbyking, a hextronik hx12k.. 10kg torque and .16sec/60deg ratings, not sure how accurate, but for a rwd 1/10 its plenty strong and plenty fast

20.jpg

servo mounted onto chassis with side guards, antenna mount, and battery cover posts in place

21.jpg

crappy closeup of servo mounted, alloy servo mounts too which is a random upgrade from the artr kit

22.jpg

stage 6:

contents-

front shock tower

front bumper

bits and bobs to start getting the car together

23.jpg

front bulkhead and arms mounted

24.jpg

and front the front

25.jpg

front shock tower and bumper all bolted on, fair bit of flex in these bumpers too, shock towers also look like they support an anti roll bar but not sure on where i would find one for this car

26.jpg

also with the shock tower comes a plastic (dust?) cover which i suppose keeps rocks and crap from jumping into the steering assembly, shock tower bolts onto the cover but still feels quite sturdy

27.jpg

stage 7:

contents-

rear shock tower

rear body posts + mount

rear camber links

28.jpg

wasnt really anything interesting here but the finished product, shock tower and body posts mounted, the body posts seem to be adjustable in height too which looks to be quite a bonus.. again it looks like the rear shock tower too supports a sway bar, might have a browse on hobbyking sometime see if they sell them

29.jpg

and a photo from the rear

30.jpg

stage 8:

contents-

rear bumper and mudflaps

dogbones

rear hubs + axles etc

rear bulkhead (arm and gearbox mount)

31.jpg

arms, camber links and half of rear bumper mounted

32.jpg

gearbox bolted on

33.jpg

rear hub terrible close up shot, theres a spacer between the hex and the hub (which i dont really like)

34.jpg

hubs mounted and dogbones fitted (i know my cambers off, im sorting this last)

35.jpg

rear view of the bumper fitted with the mudflaps (i love this things dont ask why lol)

36.jpg

front(ish) view of rear bumper

37.jpg

will update again soon, any feedback or questions are welcome :)

stage 9:

contents-

shock bodies, shafts, springs, u get the idea

38.jpg

half way built, these have metal bodies and caps, also theyre threaded which is a bonus

39.jpg

shocks built, oiled, ready to go onto the car, spring rate and oil is fine right outta the box to be honest, not sure what weight oil it is though :(

40.jpg

stage 10:

contents-

front body posts / mount

battery tray cover

battery tray foam spacers

minor bits and bobs

41.jpg

front shocks mounted, they sit at a nice angle and feel good as is, no adjustment other than winding them down a bit really

42.jpg

rear shocks mounted, same again, good outta the box, no need for adjustment really, springs and oils are all good

43.jpg

and the marvelous carbon fibre battery tray cover which actually stops the whole chassis looking so dull ^^

44.jpg

car is practically built, sorry for the last few pics camera is rubbish especially in low light, just need to belt and glue the tyres on the rims, buy some paint and cut out the bodyshell.. but for now im using my friends clear shell since its already trimmed etc

i also have temporary running gear im borrowing off a friend :) 

velineon vxl-3s

45.jpg

with genuine motor to suit

46.jpg

i still need to tape and glue the tires on, set up the linkages for the camber and steering, but its all together and near enough ready

47.jpg

48.jpg

the shell im borrowing too :) bit scuffed and scraped but its a shell! lol

49.jpg

shot just for size comparison against a mini revo

50.jpg

you think that ashtray is bad.

184574_10152967136570457_914633168_n.jpg

not sure if that looks worse than mine because its a bigger ashtray or if mine looks worse cause theres a smaller car in ur shot :P lol

thanks, i dont know what it is about the mud flaps, theyre just... cool lol id choose the sct over the buggy all day long, + its a bonus getting to build it

Coming along a treat!

My mate has the buggy version of this, think I like the SCT more though. Must be the mud flaps :)