• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

fastrax enduro

shaanaleem92

great news, I have the same pipe on mine but struggled with the seal that sits between exhaust and engine

which one did you use?

Ahh the seal that came with the engine was too big

So I used the purple seal that came with the pipe, fits snuggly :)

What you can do is use the orange from engine to put between manifold and pipe, then use that purple that was there on the engine, if you dont have two purple ones

Edited by shaanaleem92

55 quid for a new one is a cracking deal :)

My break in procedure is as follows....

1st tank idle

Second tank figures of 8 at less than 1/4 throttle

Third tank 1/4 throtttle figure of 8

Fourth tank 1/4 throttle and a bit , varying between straights and figures of 8

Fifth tank same again with a bit more throttle

6th tank going to half throttle figures of 8

7th tank half throttle speed runs and figures of 8

8th tank 3/4 throttle figures of 8

10th tank 3/4 throttle speed straights

11th tank start to tune the hsn by 1/8th , and slowly going to full throttle, mixture of speed runs and figure of 8

12th tank tune some more

By 15th tank I would consider my engine nicely setup :D

Edited by shaanaleem92

• 3 weeks later...

i wouldn't, byron is much more stable fuel in my experience, mind you it depends on what you will be doing with the car, racing or bashing? for racing you want to use byron because its a much more stable fuel in terms of its tune. not to mention a smoke screen round the track is not nice haha! I personally use Byron Race Gen 2 at 25% nitro. 

interesting my break in was the same as shaanaleem92. only I went to 16 tanks before i leaned it out to race tune. what I found amusing is at swindon rc club, there was a guy there who bought the same engine as me but he only did 8 tanks before leaning it out and then wondered why it wasn't holding tune and being boggy ect. 

lesson is right there. run it in properly or don't complain. simples. 

for argument sake here's a link to my thread. I post up little updates as too were il be racing at a given weekend ect, what upgrades iv done as well.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/159852-creativechris-racing-career-step-by-step-report/page-11

i wouldn't, byron is much more stable fuel in my experience, mind you it depends on what you will be doing with the car, racing or bashing? for racing you want to use byron because its a much more stable fuel in terms of its tune. not to mention a smoke screen round the track is not nice haha! I personally use Byron Race Gen 2 at 25% nitro. 

interesting my break in was the same as shaanaleem92. only I went to 16 tanks before i leaned it out to race tune. what I found amusing is at swindon rc club, there was a guy there who bought the same engine as me but he only did 8 tanks before leaning it out and then wondered why it wasn't holding tune and being boggy ect. 

lesson is right there. run it in properly or don't complain. simples. 

for argument sake here's a link to my thread. I post up little updates as too were il be racing at a given weekend ect, what upgrades iv done as well.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/159852-creativechris-racing-career-step-by-step-report/page-11

haha, cant skip a good break in procedure, and this thing is a beauty to run :D

Haha, optifuel race is actually not Smokey at all

But I soon will change to Byron once I get into racing

Optifuel rtr is very Smokey though so watch out for that.

:D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400500344938?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

email the seller, or buy of there website,... the guys at bmm are top quality when it comes to service :D

Edited by shaanaleem92

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400500344938?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

email the seller, or buy of there website,... the guys at bmm are top quality when it comes to service :D

i check out there site will order some from them did you seal your engine be for you run it Edited by bigdaddy1968

jesus you use a ultra hot plug with 25% fuel?! 

surprised especially in this weather the car will even start let alone run for 30 seconds before it blows.

haha i never noticed it being ultra hot,

but yes i use this.... and its runs just fine with perfect temps. and have yet to blow a plug, still using the one from breaking in procedure.

i check out there site will order some from them did you seal your engine be for you run it

nope, it was sealed just fine.... however i did reset the needles all to factory settings before attempting to even start it... they say engines come stupidly lean out the box... turns out mine was too lean... so set it to factory before breaking in and works great :)