• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

9 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Hobbywing 60a all the way, I've got the waterproof one and it's a good ESC. For the short wheelbase I'd go for the non waterproof one. 

I'l lhave a Google - do they come pre configured with motor bullets? 

I got the Hobbywing 60a from Model sport, there was an option to add the bullets and battery connectors, came all fitted., though I may still need to shorten them when I finally instal it.

1 hour ago, Coops said:

I'l lhave a Google - do they come pre configured with motor bullets? 

It's a quick job to add some bullet connectors. I think someone said it comes with 12awg cable which would be slightly big for micros. Personally I'd be using 14awg. 

It's all good 👌 

Thought sod it - so I've done a crash course in soldering and repaired not one but two of the cars. Exact same problem on the other. 

We've all just come in from a bashing session 😁👍🏼

• Like 1

The horrible traxxas motor has been replaced with a racestar 2845 5900kv motor. Just testing it out of the bench this thing has a whole lot more power, I think I need to drop the gearing slightly to 17t as there's a little bit of cogging. 

Not the cleanest wire job however will do...

20200520-153227.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

The horrible traxxas motor has been replaced with a racestar 2845 5900kv motor. Just testing it out of the bench this thing has a whole lot more power, I think I need to drop the gearing slightly to 17t as there's a little bit of cogging. 

20200520-153227.jpg

For £11 you can’t really go wrong , unless of course it consumes the whole buggy in fire😀

19 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

For £11 you can’t really go wrong , unless of course it consumes the whole buggy in fire😀

It's normally ESCs that blow, I've heard decent reviews about this motor. I just need my servo and floating mount to arrive to finish it off. I also have some RPM rod ends on order as I hate the blue ones. 

On 20/05/2020 at 15:37, Alex97 said:

20200520-153227.jpg

Looks a good job, smart buggy.

Been investigating the ripping / grinding sound from the lads SCT, was happening under full power and I think it's the spur gear.  It looks like a few teeth are missing and others are very worn down. I've got one ordered. He was also having a problem when turning, it would lock up - turns out it has dogbones in the front rather than CVDs! Didn't even know. So got a pair of those on order too.

And on the other lads MT, the hinge pin came out the suspension arm twice. Need to investigate that because at first glance it looks like it just came out the front hole only, the back one was still in ?! Must be a split in front part.

Just seems to be one thing after another this week with cars!

Edited by Coops

2 hours ago, Coops said:

Been investigating the ripping / grinding sound from the lads SCT, was happening under full power and I think it's the spur gear.  It looks like a few teeth are missing and others are very worn down. I've got one ordered. He was also having a problem when turning, it would lock up - turns out it has dogbones in the front rather than CVDs! Didn't even know. So got a pair of those on order too.

And on the other lads MT, the hinge pin came out the suspension arm twice. Need to investigate that because at first glance it looks like it just came out the front hole only, the back one was still in ?! Must be a split in front part.

Just seems to be one thing after another this week with cars!

I've got the metal spur and it's very loud, I did order the plastic ones however I've got no idea when they'll arrive. 

15 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

I've got the metal spur and it's very loud, I did order the plastic ones however I've got no idea when they'll arrive. 

I had a look but couldn't find a metal one. Got a plastic one on order so we'll see how that goes.

Edited by Coops

Trackstar sportsman has done us well - bar the faulty ones from new....

Also no complaints on the Hobbywing xr10 juststock - what my race emb as run for ages.  Being as your looking for the MT, you have space under the hood, so consider the hobbywing 120a 10bl120 - will give you options to use it elsewhere.

I spoke with them on email at the weekend, they are trying to get hold of customs, so I guess it’s all held up there.

This was posted on DMS Racing's Facebook page about their lc racing order,good news for those waiting on parts and vehicles.

"LC Racing has now arrived with us, most spares and options now back in stock, we have recieved some of the kits we have on pre-order (but not all) the following have all arrived; 
EMB-1H mini buggy kit
EMB-1H PRO mini buggy kits
EMB-1 L RTR buggies
EMB Truggy PRO kits
EMB WRC L RTR rally cars
LC12B1 buggy kits 
LC12B1 Combo buggy kits
LC10B5 slipper version kits
LC10B5 Centre diff version kits

Back orders will be being shipped today, most are now fulfilled, but sadly some we are still waiting on. There will be a very small number of kits and RTR left over which will be uploaded to our website later today...".

• Like 1