• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

This is what I use in mine, they are possibly the last ones out there but I've never ordered from these before, they also have the 5580kv sensored motor which is meant to be a very good motor, the none sensored if currency conversion is correct £46 with delivery if they are delivering at this time.

https://www.kullagergrossisten.se/product/borstlos-motor--4-pol--5160v--1-14-1-16--3-17mm-axel--leopard

Starting to strip down the buggy and build up the long chassis. 

Question - do the front and rear diff assemblies just come out in one piece so to speak? Then just drop onto the new chassis? 

20200506_190918.thumb.jpg.be4a03bc05eea9768efecc6eac3247db.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

Yep, imagine it’s a 1/8 buggy in miniature, flip it upside down and undo all the screws underneath 

Thanks. Just prepping and cleaning up a few bits which have come the buggy - ESC, servo, receiver etc. 

First step 😁

20200506_192858.thumb.jpg.3117c836f808b4134d85b0a4d390b6b4.jpg

• Like 2

Wish I had converted to lwb sooner than I did, it makes a real difference in handling, a lot more planted than the short buggy 👍

22 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

I'm really fancying a SWB buggy to go with the truggy. 

I kept mine swb for ages and it is a fun buggy,  I  have a truggy, I then bought a rally car version cheap and used the chassis and bits off of that to convert to lwb, i have spares to make a swb again but i don't really see the need to do that with the lwb being a better buggy in my opinion, 

Edited by silone74

31 minutes ago, silone74 said:

I kept mine swb for ages and it is a fun buggy,  I  have a truggy, I then bought a rally car version cheap and used the chassis and bits off of that to convert to lwb, i have spares to make a swb again but i don't really see the need to do that with the lwb being a better buggy in my opinion, 

I might just get a nice truggy and buggy shell painted as it's only a 5 minute job to convert my LC12B1 between the two. 

• Like 1

Made some progress - front diff assembly all in, battery straps on, but then hit a minor issue:

20200507_143749.thumb.jpg.256c99b998f7c0bda88b4a4dcedd8dd8.jpg

Screw head has come off leaving a very small stump on the motor mount. It may hold temporarily as the other side is ok. I've tried to get the stump out but can't grip with my small pilers. 

Right all done for now

20200507_201205.thumb.jpg.42047090a4770bbdd8f8d6ef02f62274.jpg20200507_201212.thumb.jpg.e388284131b0a850210fa5fb6ec0e8f0.jpg

Benefit of longer chassis is I can use the longer large capacity LiPo same as my lads. 

All fits nicely on the chassis and it's had a run with a body. 

Might keep the rally blocks on as it's got a nice amount of drift 😂 

Receiver has quite a long aerial on it - daft question : what do I do with it? 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Edited by Coops

Thread the aerial through the front body mount on the top deck, that's what I do with mine.

11 hours ago, silone74 said:

I did my truggy body like this .

20190817_155442.jpg

Cheers. On the front body posts what have you done? Leave short ones on the suspension mount? 

Haven't got that far yet but be useful to know. 

Secondary colour going on today. 

In my spare time between home schooling and housework, I’m Just wondering, would this run ok with a 3s lipo, or is it to much? Using either the 4850 motor or the 6850 with the Hobbywing 60a ESC.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2200mah-3s-45-90c-lipo-pack.html?queryID=7647daef0288d53b151c8a198f88d7fa&objectID=30641&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

12 hours ago, Coops said:

Cheers. On the front body posts what have you done? Leave short ones on the suspension mount? 

Haven't got that far yet but be useful to know. 

Secondary colour going on today. 

Used the mount on the shock tower although the bodies from phat bodies you can use self adhesive velcro strips on to the side guards, that's how I've mounted the body on my lwb buggy so the body mounts aren't used.

1 minute ago, silone74 said:

Used the mount on the shock tower although the bodies from phat bodies you can use self adhesive velcro strips on to the side guards, that's how I've mounted the body on my lwb buggy so the body mounts aren't used.

Had a crack with both shock tower mounts and velcro on the side guards - very secure 👍🏼

Edited by Coops

My SCT ran a blue can bangood special, 2850 sized 5000 ish kv iirc - went like a scolded rat once I geared up from stock 4500kv as it cogged horribly undergeared.  There's prob some info further back in this thread about it - I raced it awhile in the buggy but weight made it jump awfully.  In the SCT as a basher it's been sublime.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that, doubtful I will find the time to race it, so will try both and see what I prefer, I had forgotten what a bottomless pit this thinks can be, my searches are for carbon upgrades and more power, and I still don’t even have the kit yet!😃

My lads ESC on his MT is goosed - all the battery wiring has broken away after my other lad dropped something on it 😩

I don't think (with my extremely poor soldering skills) that it's repairable.

What VFM / reasonably priced brushless ESC would be suitable?