• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

I use these lipos in all of mine, i am not racing so don't need the smaller packs, these need the battery holder front tabs cutting off to fit and give it brilliant run times with alot of power.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26653

Si

There what ive been using in mine, these are supposed to fit without the need to cut the front tabs and probably the one I should be using for racing http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26802

If you order anything from Hobbyking dont click the buy button straight away leave it a few minutes and a pop up shows offering you a discount every little helps, and make sure its coming from the UK warehouse

Edited by Fontie
  • Like 1

Yep i do that with hobbyking, i have ordered alot of stuff from Hong Kong warehouse with no problems and surprisingly fast shipping but if it's in the UK or EU warehouse i will tend to opt for that.

Si

• Like 1

@ Fontie and @silone74 - thank you very much, just what I was after.

I'll take a look at those. The stock battery is approx. 100mm long so the shorter 1700mAh one looks OK, unless of course there is some give in the case of the 2200 mAh one.

The 2200's fit snugly in there, the reason for the pic of it fitted is just to show it fits lol the measurements will put you off thinking they are too long.

Si

Any thing i can help with just ask, i have a few different mini's all have been used to try different stuff so if i can i will give out info on what i have found, i am sure others are the same too.

Si

• Like 1

Love the drawing Silone explains what needs to be done perfectly.

Coops keep those questions coming, I'm relatively new to cars as well specially mini 1/14 only way to learn is to ask. Google is your friend as well.

just to add:

I removed the middle sideguard screw and cut the guard so it was all straight.

I get 20 mins on the track with the 2200's and lipo is at 3.7V p/cell.

I'm happy with my layout.  Esc on chassis is a plus imo.

Just use run of the mill wing buttons, you only need to screw in two of the holes, it leaves you the option of moving the wing backwards or forwards too.

I've been running two buttons (two screws not four) for the past year

Going to order the 2200 LiPOs this week at some point - what charger should I get to go with these? Any recommendations - available on HK would be good but not essential.

Not colour prejudice!  :whistling:

Already figured I'd need some XT60s as the nano-techs have them.

Looks like that Imax needs a 240v power supply, will a stock HK one do? 

Well that was dissapointing, I went to the track tonight with the EMB-1 managed 2 practice laps then bam the spring on the wheel of my DX4c went, that was the end of my diving for the evening. Googled when I got home to find its a common problem anyway I've cannibalised the Tx that came with the EMB for the springs in the hope I can get one to fit the wheel of my DC4c. Wish me luck.

Oh no thats a shame. i just changed my sct from a flysky gt3c to a sanwa MX-V . what a difference that made! servo much smoother and no more delay when i punch the throttle! very pleased with it for the price. race this weekend so first run with the new setup

Well that was dissapointing, I went to the track tonight with the EMB-1 managed 2 practice laps then bam the spring on the wheel of my DX4c went, that was the end of my diving for the evening. Googled when I got home to find its a common problem anyway I've cannibalised the Tx that came with the EMB for the springs in the hope I can get one to fit the wheel of my DC4c. Wish me luck.

The same thing happened twice on my dx3c, I upgraded to a dx4s but I might be changing that next year as the steering spring is too soft.

Oh no thats a shame. i just changed my sct from a flysky gt3c to a sanwa MX-V . what a difference that made! servo much smoother and no more delay when i punch the throttle! very pleased with it for the price. race this weekend so first run with the new setup

Who would have thought a new Rx would have made that much diference, maybe your Flysky wasn't working properly. Good luck with the race.

The same thing happened twice on my dx3c, I upgraded to a dx4s but I might be changing that next year as the steering spring is too soft.

Out of interest what spring did you use on your one. Ive got both the sterring and throttle springs out of the Batan Tx both the same size so the DX3c has 2 chances I'm hoping the Batan springs are better quality and will last longer.

Speaking of Tx, the replacement arrived from Germany yesterday and a lot better packaged than originally. If anyone wants the springs out the old broken one, let me know and I'll post them out to you. Considering the old one was held together with duct tape round the grip, it's done quite well !!

Ordered a T Bone bumper yesterday - had a couple of close shaves with the kerb and want to avoid trashing the thing.

Speaking of Tx, the replacement arrived from Germany yesterday and a lot better packaged than originally. If anyone wants the springs out the old broken one, let me know and I'll post them out to you. Considering the old one was held together with duct tape round the grip, it's done quite well !!

Ordered a T Bone bumper yesterday - had a couple of close shaves with the kerb and want to avoid trashing the thing.

If no one else puts their hand up can I have the springs, they are always handy to have you can never have to many, they do have a habbit of pinging off to the never to be seen again land which I am sure at least 1 of mine will do later with my chunky fingers.

T-bone bumbers are good I'm going to oder the raacing one next month.

Who would have thought a new Rx would have made that much diference, maybe your Flysky wasn't working properly. Good luck with the race.

Out of interest what spring did you use on your one. Ive got both the sterring and throttle springs out of the Batan Tx both the same size so the DX3c has 2 chances I'm hoping the Batan springs are better quality and will last longer.

No idea, my friend fixed it for me.

If no one else puts their hand up can I have the springs, they are always handy to have you can never have to many, they do have a habbit of pinging off to the never to be seen again land which I am sure at least 1 of mine will do later with my chunky fingers.

T-bone bumbers are good I'm going to oder the raacing one next month.

Springs are yours then mate. Probably won't get to look at the Tx until the weekend now but once done I'll send them over.

I just went for the Pro Front bumper - should hopefully give it some protection.

• Like 1

Springs are yours then mate. Probably won't get to look at the Tx until the weekend now but once done I'll send them over.

I just went for the Pro Front bumper - should hopefully give it some protection.

Your a star, I'll PM you my address. Thank you :thumbsup:

• Like 1