• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

My EMB-1 is getting laid up for a month due to hols and work commitments.  Hopefully will find some time to give it an overhaul as she's been a little neglected seeing as it's allergic to breaking and the wrench.

New Schuey Rally blocks are on the shopping list, hubs and knuckles etc all round, crush tubes and ARB's too - will eliminate as much of the slop as possible before giving her one last quarter on the track and if it's still miles off the pace I'll be moving onto the gtb.

I have actually got in my spares an almost full buggy, i didn't realise what i had so i will buy the long chassis and top plate and make a truggy, it's been a while since the mini's have been touched and seeing as i am going to strip the m8 i may as well crack on with a truggy build.

Si

I have actually got in my spares an almost full buggy, i didn't realise what i had so i will buy the long chassis and top plate and make a truggy, it's been a while since the mini's have been touched and seeing as i am going to strip the m8 i may as well crack on with a truggy build.

Si

Good plan.  I've toyed with the idea of running a long wheelbase buggy, as a few of the better drivers who see mine race seem to think it would benefit hugely from the longer wheelbase.  

Other than the top brace and chassis don't you need a longer centre shaft too?

Well I think it's ok, but everyone as their own view about it, and I still have a brand new Rally version in its box, I still think it's would be better than the Mini8T but what do I know, for someone looking to get started I think it's worth

Good plan. I've toyed with the idea of running a long wheelbase buggy, as a few of the better drivers who see mine race seem to think it would benefit hugely from the longer wheelbase.

Other than the top brace and chassis don't you need a longer centre shaft too?

If you want a 4wd then yes you need the longer centre shaft[emoji6]

Si

Yeah that's my plan too.  new truggy is worth 200 euro + tires imo.  But key factor is motor cost.

Motor cost will be a factor and the centre shaft lol forgot to add that to the list earlier.

I will get started with the build when i get the extras i need.

Si

I'm off to the USA next month and thinking of getting a Tacon Soar delivered to the hotel I'm staying at, would I be right in thinking this is a EMB-1 kit version but RTR for the American market. Has anyone ordered anything from NitroRcx at $164/

Edited by Fontie

I used atomic Rc and had sent to the Hotel :)

Is that atomik RC all they seem to do is Himoto stuff

Dont get me wrong its fine for bashing etc but if your carpet racing the extra features of a better specced system are very useful especially on such a "twitchy" chassis that micros tend to have

I'd be using my DX4c which unless iI am mistaken will bind to the stock ESC ?

correct.

everything bar electrics, though a servo is included.

It is now cheaper to buy the rtr. Though I'd still get the kit and try a motor from funshobby under emb-1 ;)

Truggy is way overpriced. Buy the rally or sct and convert ;) motor and wheels coming in Sept apparrantly ;)

Buggy is my main focus, not keen on the Truggy to be honest. Rally or SCT look good also......decisions.

It's only going to be for bashing so not really that fussed about the spec.

Thinking about it, RTR would be just fine and cheaper in the long run.

Are Apex and Wheelspin the only UK dealers?

Rtr in this country are composite chassis, composite shock bodies, composite shock towers not alloy like the kit version, i found the composite shocks are crap for bashing as they constantly come apart with crashes, i had the rtr and converted to kit standard but it is actually more involved than you think in terms of parts you need, i would go kit and have the choice of electrics to use, i bash with all of my mini's and the emb is top of the pile as far as i am concerned and i have the mini 8, gtb and emb.

Si

Rtr in this country are composite chassis, composite shock bodies, composite shock towers not alloy like the kit version, i found the composite shocks are crap for bashing as they constantly come apart with crashes, i had the rtr and converted to kit standard but it is actually more involved than you think in terms of parts you need, i would go kit and have the choice of electrics to use, i bash with all of my mini's and the emb is top of the pile as far as i am concerned and i have the mini 8, gtb and emb.

Si

Hear what you are saying and tend to agree but it will work out more expensive in the long run. I think I'll go RTR initially and if anything does break then I'll upgrade to alloy as the replacement.