• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

What the heck are pods and top deck tight?

Congrats on 3rd place though :good:

I run carbon top deck , stock piston size (for now till i get my tires sorted) 20wt allround and 3k stock fluids though will likely go 2k rear,. Less front droop helped with grip roll too, but kind of a workaround rather than a setting.

Pics coming,..

By running them loose (basically taking out screws or just undoing them a bit), you can generate more flex in the chassis to change how much grip you want (or dont want)

Edited by karting

Just ordered myself the EMB-1 kit version :D

My mini8 was a PITA but I do miss the smaller scale.

And I couldn't say no to the current price of the kit version!

Just ordered myself the EMB-1 kit version :D

My mini8 was a PITA but I do miss the smaller scale.

And I couldn't say no to the current price of the kit version!

Good choice I had a mini 8 and find the emb so much better that I race it a lot more now and even do the micro nationals and it's really tough with hardly any up grades.

You get the oils in the kit, good choice too, the diffs have been changed I asked sun ben he says he wants to keep improving on the models so I guess he thinks the new diffs are better than the old ones

Si

Thanks chap, I'll start with the kit oils and then tune from there :thumbsup:

I've been looking at ESC's for hours, there seems to be plenty of options I'm a little concerned that you need to raise the body in order to fit any ESC that isn't stock?

I don't know how high u raised the body with those xray mounts but it has to be higher than 5mm.

Theres no way I found of the stock lid fitting with 5mm increased body height using Hw 60a, unless you use the hobbywing 25a or rtr emb esc heatsink (samething).  With the phat bodies lid u got u have the extra room due to the different shell shape.

Perhaps those mounts are a lot higher?  IMO to high for stock lid but if ya bashin it'll be fine.

James:- I hope you get the updated steering spindles as the original knuckles were weak,. They replaced em with 'webbed' ones later on.  You will need these if kit don't have em,. Link

I don't have problem with the old diffs and work brilliant the stock motor is awesome too

A selling point for me were the old diffs.  I'm annoyed they changed em, I see and have heard of no reason to do so.  Other than cost of production.  Still mine are holding up just fine with 50 packs through em already.  (I service after every 5-8 mind).

Depending on what you want to do with the emb you can shorten the battery tray and run with the gen ace lipos and mount the esc on the chassis, my esc is quite big and I raised the body using composite washers to fit the esc on top deck.

20140216_163010-1_zpshuzebgcy.jpg

20140216_162320_zpsdv36cwsp.jpg

20140216_164210_zps1qnbxn3o.jpg

20140216_164248_zpszc0rct94.jpg

Si

Edited by silone74

Some good info here, thanks guys!

I'm thinking about going for the 1300 lipos and mount the ESC towards the rear of the chassis, looks like a tidy little setup but at the cost of a bit of runtime.

What kind of times are you guys seeing with 1800's? About 15mins?

I used to run the 1300 in my mini 8, I would get around 15-20ish mins from them, there are some shorter nano tech 2200 that might give the space needed to mount the esc on the chassis but they are abit longer than the gen ace might be worth a try I use them in my gtb

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20390__Turnigy_nano_tech_2200mah_2S_40_80C_Lipo_Pack_TRA2820_Traxxas_1_16_models_.html

Si

I use those, had to cut off the tray tabs (one from each facing the sideguards. For now I use velcro on chassis and still use the the stock strap,. oh and the middle screw of the sideguard needs to come out and trim the guard straight where the screw was.  Then they fit nicely :)

though the gens ace 1300's really are the way to go, I just couldn't get any over here in central Eu for a realistic price :(

Yes the battery tray will need the mods to fit almost all lipos, I use the longer nano techs too still 2200mah just longer than the ones I linked to but then you definitely need to put the esc on the top deck, I get really good run times with them though, for racing Deafty is right the gen ace 1300 are the way to go and mount everything on the chassis, thumbs racing have a flex chassis for the emb that might be worth a go

http://thumbsdesigns.com/product/lc-emb-1-thumbs-designs-flex-chassis-coming-soon/

And a flex top deck too

http://thumbsdesigns.com/product/lc-racing-emb-1-flex-top-deck-cf/

Si