• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The XRay T4 2013 thread (Renamed)

ta05

[emoji106]

What I need is some one to sit down and go through what all setting do as when I read it it don't go in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going milla tomorrow and going to give sticks a try may be fun as all top driver use them I can't get help as I use wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what time does it open? im very tempted to go!!!! :D

Going milla tomorrow and going to give sticks a try may be fun as all top driver use them I can't get help as I use wheel

9.30 door open racing start when every one ready 10:30 ish 11:00 very relaxed as on till about 4:00 plenty of practice time

• Like 1

I use wheel, what do you want help with? There is no speed difference between wheel and stick, use whatever you feel comfortable with. The settings will be identical radio to radio

Active rear suspension or dynamic rear toe is standard on the Awesomatix cars. I always found the car handled most consistently and made the fastest laps with the dynamic rear toe eliminated. Would be interested to see how people find this feature on the xray as they are quite different cars, perhaps it will be a great benefit.

My guess is itll either be a placebo effect or do nothing at all!

I use wheel, what do you want help with? There is no speed difference between wheel and stick, use whatever you feel comfortable with. The settings will be identical radio to radio

Thanks for offer of help it's not the wheel having trouble with the car just needs that something but can't work out what is and the few people where I race if the drove the car they would be able to help but they.cant use a wheel

But after to day going to stick with wheel

My guess is itll either be a placebo effect or do nothing at all!

It definitely has an effect on the Awesomatix.  The more reactive rear toe we set the less steering out of the corner and the more the car wants to drive in a straight line out the corner.  So could be useful if you lack rear traction on exit but for me it meant I had to feed in the throttle too slowly out of the corner and it was costing lap time.

Sunday was a good race :)

A good scrap between myself and Matt for TQ in qualifying.

Interestingly enough, Matt set TQ in Q1, I set a faster time for myself in Q2 but could not beat his time, neither in Q3 or Q4 while everyone was scrapping with each other.

So onto the A final, Matt on pole, Me in 2nd.

after 6 minutes, 40+ laps and me taking the lead, then loosing it after about 2 minutes when a backmarker decided to spice things up...  I finished 2nd - 2.94 seconds behind Matt.

It was a good race and at one point after I dropped to second, I was about 5 seconds behind Matt so I really tried to reel him in but it was not meant to be :D

Looking forward to Friday :-)

• Like 1

Friday really didn't go as planned.

I couldn't really find the setup and when I was on a good run I made some small errors, dropping me to 1st in the B after 3 rounds of qualifying.

I finished 2nd, and have some new tyres to try this Friday :)

I also want to try some different suspension settings too.

• Like 1

You must been having bad night as I managed to beat you in the B and I started from the back of the grid

Where did you get tyres from ?as I managed to obliterate mine in the heats and did realise to final so was able to put some old ones on for final

• Like 1

Yeah, it wasn't a great night. I think I need to change the oil in my shocks to something lighter.

I got my tyres from Demon power products.

Contact tyres, 45/42 split front, 40 rear.

I were using them in the final.

They felt quite good but to be honest, most people use Enetti tyres.

I still think the Enetti 26mm 42shore front, 30mm 40shore rear is the best setup.

I were only using the Contact tyres as I had a spare new set in the pit bag :thumbsup:

Yes that's what I run but clint not around so was just trying see if the was any think else as can't find Enetti uk supplier

If you're desperate for a set of tyres for Friday I can have a look in my pit bag and tell you what I have :)

If you're fast enough and they're in stock, get your order in with Nick @ Demon and you might get them Friday.

I have a set of Enetti 42shore 26mm fronts that are reasonable that I took off my car to put the Contact tyres on.

As for rears, I don't know at the moment without looking. The old ones were chunked.

Thanks for offer

Hopeful the ones I had in pit bag should be ok for one more metting have ordered some from demons yesterday so should be here

• Like 1