• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fuel and Oil Ratio Guide

Monstrous

On 09/03/2017 at 02:35, Bombardier said:

Well' i disagree on the synthetic superiority claim. If bleeding air form a hydraulic brake system and draining mineral oil faster than topping up the master cylinder, more air will be drawn into the system. If doing the same thing with a synthetic snake oil.. the result will be exactly the same.

If using a higher octane fuel and leaning out the fuel/air mixture, the piston will likely expand and weld itself to the cylinder bore during a high speed run.

High rpm = high temperatures, which requires high oil presence. All oil ratios smoke at idle speed. During high speed runs, smoke clouds are less intensive. Doesn't matter if its mineral, synthetic or castor bean.. higher combustion temperatures burn oil quicker.

Those with very high strung motors who pay extra money for the benefit of castor bean oil, and then reduce the oil ratio are throwing money down the drain. Some folks ride a motorbike, snowmobile or dinghy tender with an oil injection system.. and somehow expect premixed fuel to burn just as clean.

If you put a higher rpm exhaust and or larger capacity cylinder kit on any 2 cycle engine, the oil mix ratio must be higher than the OEM manual specifies. A paramount fact only novices and internet trolls would disagree with.

Sorry to ruin your fun... I've only just noticed you posted some more inane drivel... :) 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Carpmart said:

you posted some more inane drivel... :) 

I agree. Use the most exorbitant priced oil available, add 1 cap full to a 5L Jerrycan. Adjust the carb to its leanest setting = 1 million horsepower. Add a drop of octane booster = 2 million horsepower. Iridium spark plug =  3 million horsepower. Red elastic power band = 4 million horsepower. Muffler bearings = 5 million horsepower.

• 2 years later...
On 28/04/2015 at 23:31, flatout! said:

I use putoline and rock oil, mainly rock oil, the engine im running right now is on rock oil 25.1 and its been on it from the running in when I first got it,

25.1 is a ratio thats been tryed and tested, on here and on just about every forum, you wouldn't get me running any other ratio in these little 2 strokes. ;)

By this you mean 25 ml or fuel to 1ml

of oil ? See I always worked it out as 25 ml of oil to 1 litre of petrol in a motorbike man ya see 

3 hours ago, Garvey19 said:

By this you mean 25 ml or fuel to 1ml

of oil ? See I always worked it out as 25 ml of oil to 1 litre of petrol in a motorbike man ya see 

40ml oil to 1L of petrol=25:1 

25ml oil to 1L of petrol=40:1

👍🏻

21 minutes ago, mark35 said:

40ml oil to 1L of petrol=25:1 

25ml oil to 1L of petrol=40:1

👍🏻

Thanks for that mate 

off the subject I’ve got some marder original shocks there but for some reason they won’t recoup back up ? Any ideas weather just an oil change or a set or harder spring are needed ? 

Wont even lift the car up on there own 

• 1 year later...