• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

good places for offroad in norwich/norfolk area?

Tbh I've only been there once in the last few years so have not heard about the dirt jump.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah should be ok there as seen someone else once with one up there, only club I know of local is Norfolk buggy club which im not member of yet but urs will be too big for they tracks as they hav dirt track for 1/8th and 1/10th and grass for 1/10th but think most of them using 1/10 electic buggys but they let people use nitro there alwell

• 2 weeks later...

pillin park in Norwich is good there is a bmx track with good berms to jump off.

also slough bottom park has a bmx track with massive jumps and 15ft high berms shock blowers but its awesome.

if you go to slough bottom you need to go early in the summer because they race there.

Hi running HPI 1/5 petrol buggy ,I need a lot of space !! thanks I will try mousehold.

are there any clubs or meets etc ?

Scott

been to mousehold with a 5b a good area but i went in winter so was quiet would say sloughbottom park and eaton park , some areas in thorpe are good near the river very quiet and out of the way

type Sloughbottom Park, Norwich (sloughbottom park) into Google images and that will give you the location and directions if you put where you are coming from.

Edited by mamba_man

There is really good bmx track in spwroson recreation park in Norwich as here now n hardly no one about too :)

went down there today, needs a damn good spruce up imho, we could hardly get any traction due to the covering of fine gravel all over the track, probably okay for 1/10 scale buggies and trucks but no really large enough for 1/8 monsters etc. No decent straights either..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I know what u mean, me n mate were using 1/8th buggys on there Sat, still seems to b best place in Norwich we found so far, did start to gettin use to it n doin laps without messing up but yeah only one part that can only slightly opening it up on

Me and my flat mate go to mousehold and sloughbottom all the time, they both killed my revo lol, were you located in Norwich pal, will have to have a meetup

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...

OFF ROAD IN NORWICH. 

as for nitro and gassers they are much more an annoying thing in the fine city.

places like sloughbottom park and likes are starting to say no to rc. 

Off the beaten track : 

theres a small area just outside norwich called Costessey. 

and one place the local lads used to go was the norwich flyers bmx track that USED to be there ( its now at sloughbottom park)

along the very same lane is a wooldnad that stretches for about a mile or two along the river opposite, this leads down into what is called

Ringland hills  and a little more down is the river crossing and the swan public house.

ringland hills is where all the bikers and walkers head , its also a lovely place to RC

there used to be a few outdoor rc tracks but around the mid 90's they got abandonded and built on.

my local racetrack was behind the oval public house , now its a beer garden / bbq area.

the gravel pit that used to be up where the old BMX track was now become a lot smaller

and the land built on, the motorcross track was torn up and houses built. 

all places i used to hang out at as a kiddie on dirt bikes and with our grasshopper buggys.

Ringland is the best option for crawling and scaler off road, coupled with mousehold heath.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...