• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Multirotor has failed and landed on factory roof

Well as title , wasn't flying in my ussual location - was well out of town at a friends house and we decided to have a go on a small pay h of grass

Took it up , all was well , but further then it did a big uncontrolled flip but was near a factory and has landed on the roof a foot away from the gutter

It doesn't look damaged but won't respond to the tx

We can here it crying or beeping so its still powered up but nothing

Battery's full

Anyway

What's best way of approaching the factory owners to get it back ?

" hello I'm the owner of that wonderful flying machine parked on you're roof , can I have it back please ? "

" greetings earthling , I parked my UFO on you're roof yesterday and lost my keys but I have them now so can I go home please ?"

Lol

Yes I am a total idiot no excuses there

Lesson learnt

Jokes aside , what's best approach ?

yep head out first thing in morning before 9am is best.

head into main reception and ask to speak with someone in charge,

explain your a Quadcopter pilot ( have handset with you to prove it binds to quad)

and ask if it is ok to rescue said awol machine.

Sounds like a plan

Hi hope there nice

It's raining , I guess it's up side sown so that might help but then motors are exposed

Can allways tell them it could be a fire hazzard as the battery is a Li-Po and could explode,so your doing them a favour.

Sean

I really feel for the pilots that have lost machines 100x more expensive than mine

It fells like I've lost a member of family

Yes I'm that sad lol

I know how you feel...

This is how my RadJet ended up on Sarteday,I'm gutted :crybaby:

001-5_zps836eb881.jpg

Sean

Edited by seanmcgrath48

gutted mate, do the polite approach and asks for someone who deals with facilities or building management.

The thing is they may so no on health and safety grounds ie in case you hurt yourself on their premises while trying to get it back.

Probably not a good idea to say it may explode lol they may call the fire brigade and can't see them being to chuffed.

Hope ya get it back mate i know first hand how it feels to loose a quad  :sly:  But on the upside at least you know were it is and can come up with a plan A, B, C, D and so on if none of the first ones work  :thumbsup:

You need this guy lol.

if your learning still mate, stay away from buildings fella.hope you get it back.

gis a shout and i try drag it off with the tricopter.i only round the corner from you.

jabba.

• Like 1

this was the KK2 board Jabba. 

sounds like it either glitched on code, or it browned out , did a none exectuted flip and decided

to scare the local pidgeons . 

got my fingers crossed she comes down with minor damage and just needs a good drying out.

maybe find those warehouse/factory owners are kind of interested in what it is and how it works.

and Dubz is giving them the full multiwii tutorial :)

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Right went down this morning and explained I stuffed up and landed on roof

They were nice

They tried fork lift but wasn't tall enough

But they're having roof work done in 6 weeks time and they said if it hasn't blown away , they will return it as they have my address

They said to keep an eye on it each day and if it isn't there to go see them but if someone else has it they will have it on camera

Jabba , if you can rescue it , there will be a cash reward lol

But seriously I will pay you

Right went down this morning and explained I stuffed up and landed on roof

They were nice

They tried fork lift but wasn't tall enough

But they're having roof work done in 6 weeks time and they said if it hasn't blown away , they will return it as they have my address

They said to keep an eye on it each day and if it isn't there to go see them but if someone else has it they will have it on camera

Jabba , if you can rescue it , there will be a cash reward lol

But seriously I will pay you

what time the factory shut mate,i don't want cash mate,u got some string and hook?

and a camera,i will put my batts on charge now mate.

let me know and i come for you in a hour fella.

• Like 2

Super big man hug awaits for you

We're not sure what time they shut as me and wife go down at 7-8 with hyper 7

The cam I use to video things is my phone but you can see it from the road side and the grass banking near by

It will be quite easy to hook I reckon as I have trex 500 skids and the multicopter is upside down

if you can find a window cleaner / roofer they will have an extend'able ladder that should reach

quad rescue is all well but you guys will struggle without a pan and tilt unit + gps hold ,

i would see about a long reach ladder, 

good thing is company is aware of machine, all thats needed is a means to retrieve it

and ladder is a better way, and less risk hooking up a second quad on the roof.

we will fasten string to my tri,i will land on your quad and then try pull it down.if all fails i will get ladder.i will come down for you about 6pm.if ok.

also take into account the Tricopters thrust to weight and then add whatever Dubz's quad weighs.

i do honestly think you will struggle even at full power to get them both down safe.

your going to be on the limits of what those props can carry and the thrust the system can deliver. 

try a ladder find first guys, then if not we will see about an air rescue plan.

good luck guys and Tally Ho !!

Edited by Tamiyacowboy