• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

This anyone's off here?

I know of the guy, he is local to me, his builds are most integry alloy although I'm not sure with regards to this model, he doesn't run them as I've never seen him out or about. He recently had also on ebay a full alloy JA racing  FG clone for silly money.

I know of the guy, he is local to me, his builds are most integry alloy although I'm not sure with regards to this model, he doesn't run them as I've never seen him out or about. He recently had also on ebay a full alloy JA racing  FG clone for silly money.

+1 if you look closer you would find everything is either integry or clone aloy except the shell

its also a waste of money as its pretty much unusable due to all that weight and poor quality alloy, as for the supposed 1 or 5 in t the world Darksoul engine, its a two bolt affair and pretty old as well. I questioned him about it sometime ago and most of the answers where pretty vague to be honest with regards to the engines history.

Bit of a cheap skate really, all that money spent on the RC and can't set a reserve price on the auction, has now announced he will cancel the auction if it doesn't reach the right money.

I think if I had the money I would buy it, strip it and rebuild as a usable model with the good parts in there.

Do we assume it's 2 speed?

Can't quite understand why say that he's chroming this and that while the auctions running but Just hope he doesn't chrome the shell like he's recently said.

That is one very expensive paper weight.

whoever (unfortunately) wins this i bet you will start it up, drive it and watch it turn into an ikea flat pack in 30 seconds...

• Like 1

Is the item on a auction or is the seller making people buy it??

Why everytime somebody try's something different they get slated i dont get it!!

The man likes alloy he has not committed a crime.

He's not committed a crime... but people are entitled to an opinion, and some people ( myself included) do not appreciate the path he has chosen. He has spent a massive amount of money on a car that is impractical to run...which means for me, he has ruined it. Also..he has chosen parts for their 'shine' rather than their quality, which also is something I would question.

My view is he is using the E-Bay ad to advertise himself and his creation....rather than to sell the truck...and that invites comment.

• Like 1

He's not committed a crime... but people are entitled to an opinion, and some people ( myself included) do not appreciate the path he has chosen. He has spent a massive amount of money on a car that is impractical to run...which means for me, he has ruined it. Also..he has chosen parts for their 'shine' rather than their quality, which also is something I would question.

My view is he is using the E-Bay ad to advertise himself and his creation....rather than to sell the truck...and that invites comment.

I do agree fella hed rather advertis himself than sell his machine hes hopped it up with all the wrong parts but looks amazing I must admit that but instead of grands on alloy why not 100's on nylon and rpm etc

Im just starting out with my baja but I can see both sides really. On one hand from the advice from nitroholic and others this thing wont stand up to a good bash or anything like that but on the otherhand if you wanted this to potter up and down a road to show it off then it would be perfect. Its the same with show cars and race cars really, as long as it was just to show off I dont see no harm in it if thats what you like but I get from the impression this guy gives off that it is like its said above just to show himself off.

Whats gets me is when people buy a bunch of shiny bits, cobble it together and call it "custom" or "one off".

It's not, it's just a bunch of parts that anyone with the right combination of enough money/ not enough sense could have replicated.

Just my 2p

• Like 1

Whats gets me is when people buy a bunch of shiny bits, cobble it together and call it "custom" or "one off".

It's not, it's just a bunch of parts that anyone with the right combination of enough money/ not enough sense could have replicated.

Just my 2p

deep