• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Toxic Monster, savvy flux xl, alza racing center diff conversion, castle 1717, mamba xl2.

Toxic Basher

Cheers dubzn1 :)

Ill hopefully have it back out at the weekend with fresh oils etc and ill get a nice video :D

No shaky phone pap! Take some time to make a decent movie, this ride deserves it!

Shaky phone pap ? Everything I film is on a go pro hero 2 :lol: and I'm afraid you'll get what your given, with 3 kids, 2 dogs and a full time job, time is a luxury I just don't have.

Cheers for the comments dubzn1 :)

cor, your lucky,,,, i have a wife :xd:

I'm interested I making an XL flux but that was the main worry for me

Had trucks before the have diffs for dinner

+1 well if they cope with the haymonster (9s) they should be fine :D

Well it ran like a champ :) only thing which stopped play was a loose spring in the servo saver, could hardly get the wheels turning :(

On another note it was only on 4s but got a tad warm around the 55 Celsius mark, esc was around 55 and motor around 50, I know that's ok temps but I want to run 6s so ill be gearing it down to around a 20t.

The diff oil needs thickening but ill do the front and rear at the same time.

Ill be going for 300,000 as suggested by the good dok :)

Anyone got any recommendations for front and rear diff oil weights ? I was thinking 30 000 front 10 000 rear.

I've got it on video so ill get on the mac and do a bit of editing once the bin lids are in bed :D

i thought usually it was a thicker oil into the rear shocks TB, i'm not 100% on that tho bud. although i have 35wt in the front and 50wt in the rear.     would the set-up be different with a centre differential? why?

thats what i meant buddy :xd: , not shocks. the diffs i have 50 in the back and 30 in the front. does that sound right? what set-up would it be with the centre diff in? i mean, what weights for were, just to start and then probably down to me to fine tune it