• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbyking Bixler 2 -Maiden Flight Page 3

ok mate thanks for the tip, i can get some of that, boots is pretty close to us. Didn't manage to find any of the tape i wanted while i was out :(

Think i might get some arrow shafts from decathlon instead

Office supplys sell Extrem Packing tape with the fiber glass weave...

Arrow sharfts are to think and heavy...  kites have carbon fiber rod . .

Sean

I get my Carbon Fiber Rods from B&Q .. 1 meter lenght  , come in sizes 3mm to 10mm

Sean

that's good to know as b&q is alot closer than the model shop, will try there first. I did manage to get some duck tape from homebase that has a fibre weave so ill use that.

Office supplys sell Extrem Packing tape with the fiber glass weave...

Arrow sharfts are to think and heavy...  kites have carbon fiber rod . .

Sean

again thanks for the tip. I thought theyd be quite light but ill do as you said and nip to b&q

is this the stuff Sean??

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/hardware/ironmongery/tubing___metal_rods/-specificproducttype-round_rods/FFA-Concept-Glass-Fibre-Rod-White-L-1000mm-x-Dia-6mm-9283977?skuId=9293677

=

I get my Carbon Fiber Rods from B&Q .. 1 meter lenght  , come in sizes 3mm to 10mm

Sean

Edited by aidensere07

3M Blenderm

3M Blenderm surgical tape is a latex-free, hypoallergenic, occlusive and transparent plastic tape. 3M Blenderm is also flexible and is designed to provide a barrier from external fluids and contamination.

It allso made very good hinge tape

good luck fella.

I may brave it myself but bit nervous as only ever flown micro helis and a Blade quad

cheers mate

little bit nervous myself but if we don't, they will end up sat on a shelf for the rest of time.

Just double checking my setups and then I'm off.

good luck fella.

I may brave it myself but bit nervous as only ever flown micro helis and a Blade quad

nice one mate.

I need to set lv cut off and something else  then ,may go out with the shelf queen

• Like 1

Hope it went well! Just put 4 packs through my super cub only the third time flying.

No wind and beautiful sunshine! Had a great time no heavy crashes just a few dodgy landings.

Can't wait to get my Bixler built and up.

Just got back, flights went well i think, stayed calm and managed to keep it in the air, think i did well seen as this is my first aileron plane, yea i probably overcontrolled it at times but i have a massive grin and couldn't be happier with my bixler 2. I did manage to grab a 10min video so ill post it up as soon as i can.

When i landed and turned round there was quite a few people on the path that had stopped to watch haha. thank god i didnt nose it into the ground!

Hope it went well! Just put 4 packs through my super cub only the third time flying.

No wind and beautiful sunshine! Had a great time no heavy crashes just a few dodgy landings.

Can't wait to get my Bixler built and up.

Well done mate, i started on a supercub LP with no ailerons i still have it upstairs actually. The Bixler was a nice step up for me into ailerons and hope to have many more nice flights.

its actually quite windy here now, i did notice it bouncing around at times in the air but i managed to control it.

Edited by aidensere07

Heres the video which I took with my Nokia Lumia 920 while i was out flying, theres a little whoopsie abut 6 mins in when i tried to launch for a second time, nailed it on the 3rd go. 

Go easy on me, its my 1st aileron plane!

https://vimeo.com/64455978

Edited by aidensere07

Sounds like every one have a good days flying...

I head up to the club field, flew my Assassin wing just to warm up as thats flys at 80+mph.

I then flew my Multiplex Blizzard on 4cell for the first time :hahadance:

On 3cell I'm getting around 500watts mark and it's fast with the 4cell it maxed out at 689watts :thumbsup: on a static test.

and it's bloody fast...easy 120+mph

This is my second Blizzard, I killed the first one... :shockingscary::whistling:

Sean

wow i can only dream of getting to that stage mate, stebro didn't have a good flight today crashed the bixler 1.1. Problem with the rudder caused it. Pictures in the bixler 1.1 thread, it'll be fixed though so it will fly again

Sounds like every one have a good days flying...

I head up to the club field, flew my Assassin wing just to warm up as thats flys at 80+mph.

I then flew my Multiplex Blizzard on 4cell for the first time :hahadance:

On 3cell I'm getting around 500watts mark and it's fast with the 4cell it maxed out at 689watts :thumbsup: on a static test.

and it's bloody fast...easy 120+mph

This is my second Blizzard, I killed the first one... :shockingscary::whistling:

Sean

wow i can only dream of getting to that stage mate, stebro didn't have a good flight today crashed the bixler 1.1. Problem with the rudder caused it. Pictures in the bixler 1.1 thread, it'll be fixed though so it will fly again

You'll get there  :thumbsup:  ,,,took me awhile,

I bought it off a guy I knew, it was cheap and I like the look of the V-Tail, ,,

when I first flew it, I hated the Blizzard, because I did not have the experience to fly it ,it was too fast and too twitchy for a novice pilot that was only use to flying glider,,,,,, every time I'd fly it , it would tip stall or I would rip the wing off on landings..

But I love it now...

I don't have a vid of me flying my Blizzard

But watch this one make short work of the sky..

Sean

Edited by seanmcgrath48

• 2 weeks later...

cheers mate, ill get that then tomorrow, went to boots and they said they've never heard of that bendrem tape, but they did say try at a larger store. Not having much luck today am i

Did you ever pick these up and fit them? Keen to make this mod to my 1.1 but there are so many ways to do this listed online and they vary between the bixler 1, 1.1 and 2. So not sure which option to go for or how to fit.

Looking for the method with the least amount of work ideally plug and play!

I did send the mrs for some at a bigger shop but she was unable to find it, soooo im not sure mate, you would have to try a shop near you. although i did fly without and all was fine but i am going to need something as the foam gets weaker

Did you ever pick these up and fit them? Keen to make this mod to my 1.1 but there are so many ways to do this listed online and they vary between the bixler 1, 1.1 and 2. So not sure which option to go for or how to fit.

Looking for the method with the least amount of work ideally plug and play!