• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GTB - 1/16th belt drive offroad micro thread

c0sie

Orings

I'm not sure? I run the gear diffs but not sure if they will fit? Do the emb's not use them?

I just don't like the lc ones and cant get new ones.  you know the size?

Edited by Deafty

Orings

I just don't like the lc ones and cant get new ones.  you know the size?

I will have a look and see if i have one in the spares box, i'll upload a picture if i do. If i don't i will have a look when i refresh the diff this week :)

• Like 1

Gone for the HW 35a. Still not fitted it as my weekends been mental! Hopefully have it sorted soon. New tyres to glue as well

I have a HW 35 amp in the mrs's gtb and a HW 60 amp in mine and tbh i cant notice the difference. The only thing ive done is put some shrink tube over the bullets where the esc connects to the motor as ive had it before where they have come apart mid race.

I have a HW 35 amp in the mrs's gtb and a HW 60 amp in mine and tbh i cant notice the difference. The only thing ive done is put some shrink tube over the bullets where the esc connects to the motor as ive had it before where they have come apart mid race.

Cheers for the heads up! Were having a bash day Saturday so hopefully be able to give it a good run before racing Sunday. Loving the leopard motor, even on the 25a HW rtr speedo

Cheers for the heads up! Were having a bash day Saturday so hopefully be able to give it a good run before racing Sunday. Loving the leopard motor, even on the 25a HW rtr speedo

The leopard motors are spot on, so smooth in the way they deliver the power! I saw the 28mm 5200kv Leopard in action a couple of weeks ago and that had some go, i think that might be my next purchase.

Where do you guys race on a Sunday? I think you are miles away from Devon/Cornwall aren't you?

We're up in Derbyshire mate, bit of a trek!

Haha yeah that's a fair old trek lol!

Have you ever done any of the Micro Nationals? Micro X 2015 is this September, its a 2 day event at the Caldicot RC club, we are doing it this year, they get around 60 micros racing :). Deffo worth the trip, see if any of your Micro racer friends are up for going?

Edited by MattyV6

Anyone know if the geared diff o-rings fit the emb diff case?

I've found the link from Wheelspin models who sell the GTB ones, i'm not sure if they will fit yours? I've not had my diff apart yet to take any pictures but they are pretty cheap, might be worth taking a punt on them :)

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/236743/

Edited by MattyV6

I have my 28mm motor mount just need to buy the new body to fit the can under, I already have a spare leopard 2838 to use.

Si

b80ba76bc00395b4afe6b154134824df.jpg

Ready for tomorrow. Can't believe the power difference with this Speedo!

Have you programmed it with the program card? The factory settings are pretty safe. If you run a heatsink and a fan on your motor you can turn the timing up to max and turn the punch up a lot higher without it getting too hot :)

Looking good! Have you tried the white compound tyres?

Have you programmed it with the program card? The factory settings are pretty safe. If you run a heatsink and a fan on your motor you can turn the timing up to max and turn the punch up a lot higher without it getting too hot :)

Looking good! Have you tried the white compound tyres?

I have the program card, running the timing standard and punch at 7 for a heat then will check temps. Not fitted the motor fan yet but I do have one. As for tires, I run whites normally but gonna give these a go!

I've found the link from Wheelspin models who sell the GTB ones, i'm not sure if they will fit yours? I've not had my diff apart yet to take any pictures but they are pretty cheap, might be worth taking a punt on them :)

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/236743/

Thanks for link.  Wish I could get em locally :(

Anyone tried Moosgummi tires?

Practice round went well, upped the pinch and initially prefer the yellows on our grippy track

Its so easy to change on the HobbyWing/Turnigy esc's. Stick it on 9, that's always fun lol. I've got a set of Yellows but have not run them since my driving my mini 8. They deffo last longer than the whites!!

Its so easy to change on the HobbyWing/Turnigy esc's. Stick it on 9, that's always fun lol. I've got a set of Yellows but have not run them since my driving my mini 8. They deffo last longer than the whites!!

Was impressed with it. We have a long straight and it's as quick and quicker than some of the 2wd buggies. I prefer the yellows as they allow the car to 'move' in the corners. Because our track is so grippy it aids for sure. Will get the motor fan on and boost it up next time!
  • Like 1

hi guys soon to be proud owner of the gtb and i know it shares some parts with the gt14b , does anyone know if the t bone  bumpers for the 14b fit the gtb

• Like 1

Was impressed with it. We have a long straight and it's as quick and quicker than some of the 2wd buggies. I prefer the yellows as they allow the car to 'move' in the corners. Because our track is so grippy it aids for sure. Will get the motor fan on and boost it up next time!

They are epic aren't they! Ahhh yeah your keep up with and overtake the 10th buggies no probs. The 5800kv with the hobbywing esc's are like dynamite! So so quick! I agree, the Yellows do have their advantages on a really grippy track. Some of the places we race at run GT12 and the additive they use makes the track too grippy for Whites.

The gearing i use with the 5800kv is a 16 pinion and 68 spur. I have also run it with a 15 pinion and 62 spur at the nationals. They are just mental fast arent they!! :)

hi guys soon to be proud owner of the gtb and i know it shares some parts with the gt14b , does anyone know if the t bone  bumpers for the 14b fit the gtb

Gtb's are epic, you will love it! Are you buying a new kit? I know of someone selling a fully kitted out gtb for