• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Losi Mini 8ight

mrsossidge

Had a bit of a bash this weekend and then had it not working. The receiver didn't seem to be getting any power. After a lot of swearing and getting all ****** off and a bit of googled I found the answer. The batteries that come with the rtr transmitter are absolute tosh. Swapped them and the receiver lights up no bother.

Broke the front steering mounts during the week whilst up in Scarborough on holiday.

Ordered aluminium replacements and whilst waiting for delivery, superglued and cable tied to hold it all together.

Will be taking it steady for a while.

Hit a rock with the front right wheel. Snapped the end on them where the screws go through. Luckily we found the bits. The hinge pin and the wheel shaft thing both dropped out.

Batteries charged ready for tomorrow nights racing. Still on NIMH at the moment but now we all have XT60s we can all share.

Looking to go LiPo soon though. 

Batteries charged ready for tomorrow nights racing. Still on NIMH at the moment but now we all have XT60s we can all share.

Looking to go LiPo soon though. 

Do you want 3 lipos, zippy 2200mah i think, if so P.M me. They have the xt60 plug on them

Edited by jake1*2011
  • Like 1

Went racing. Adjusted the shocks and moved the top shock mounts in to make the car sit lower to remove the grip roll. Forgot to change battery because I was sorting shocks and had to change halfway through a heat. And I got given a couple of extra Losi 1100mah nimh aswell. Happy days. Just need to chop the old ec2s off.

Edited by mrsossidge
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Blimey, can't believe it's been over a year.

Not been using the cars over winter but we've just gone on a short break upto Hornsea so I've packed up the m8 and the kids mini recon and ion.

Charger is running nearly 24/7 charging batteries lol.

I've found though that after a particularly hard bash a couple of days ago I was running on 2wd and I have grub screws missing.

I've been looking online for replacements but the mini 8ight hardware kit is out of stock everywhere and I don't know what size I need.

Does anyone know what size I need?

im not 100% sure but as you will only be bashing take one of the grub screws out of the wish bones (adjusts the drop) that may or may not fit but can get you out of trouble at short notice if they do fit

• Like 1

Genius if it works.

Will try it shortly, thanks

Edit: they are too long to allow the drift shaft to rotate. At least I can measure them and order some online though.

Edited by mrsossidge