• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Presty72

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy new or second hand rc for more fun. Bought a 2nd hand Stampede 2 years ago and really enjoy it. After brushless conversion and some other bits and pieces I think I have gone as far as I can go. What I don't like about it is the wishy washy steering. So I'd like another one, but bigger. 1/8 or 1/5 if possible. Main points to consider:

• I'm not too bothered about flat out speed
  • The bigger the better
  • MUST be electric
  • Prefer monster trucks but Baja or Short Course are acceptable.

Currently looking at Traxxas Summit, Maverick Vader or Baja 5b Flux (if I can find a 2nd hand one)

I would love any suggestions or tips please? I generally just play around in our garden (quite large) or local field/skate park.

Thanks in advance.

I have a summit and it's an awesome truck, a great all rounder it's a jack of all trades but a master of none, you can bash, crawl, trail. High/low gears and lockable diffs are a winner for me.

Thanks.

Are the ones I listed not very good?

Cheers

The Summit is a good all rounder, very strong and you won't find anything like it!

The Vader, never heard anything about it

The 5B Flux, check out Jang's review on URC, he covers some great points!

• Like 1

savvy flux's are awesome mate, granted, i havn't owned any other RC (yet), i have seen a few running now. my bro has nitro t-maxx and e-maxx and his mate has a savvy nitro, and now they both want a savvy flux. it eats there trucks and in much faster. stronger too, although i have heavily upgraded it. but still, in my opinion(and their's)  it is a far more superior RC Truck. get 1 of these buddy, you defo won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

tonnes of upgrades too

Scott

I have a summit and it's an awesome truck, a great all rounder it's a jack of all trades but a master of none, you can bash, crawl, trail. High/low gears and lockable diffs are a winner for me.

+1 for the summit as said great all rounder and fully water proof which is nice, love mine would never part with the old girl.

Another vote for the summit 

Great , Very tough go anywhere fun . The only car that you can take out and Rely on .

Jack.

Oh and I've had mine a year and not broke a single part , And thats coming from me . 

Hi. I've broken A arms on the front, but thats doin 40 mph into a rock that was hidden in long grass :/

Another vote for the summit 

Great , Very tough go anywhere fun . The only car that you can take out and Rely on .

Jack.

Oh and I've had mine a year and not broke a single part , And thats coming from me .