• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cornwallrc's blade 450, learner thread :D

CornwallRC

I am at work so can't fully help you atm, will pop back online when I get home :good:

What you doing at work?  LOL

I think I know where I may have gone wrong and jumped the gun a bit, I will explain and you tell me when you come on later if I am close :P

Ok I set the numbers in the remote and got all giddy and expected it to fly, what i did not do is set the pitch up, which I think I have to do but using the pitch gauge and following the ebooks numbers set it by adjusting the servos on my remote at different throttle on the remote.

WAIT.. put that on hold... I just had an idea and looked at my heli...

When i turn it on with motor off, if I throttle up, only 1 servo adjusts the what ever it is it adjusts and there for only adjusts 1 main blade pitch, not 2...

Edited by CornwallRC

:lol: Need to earn the pennies bud ;)

All three servos should be moving the swash when you add throttle/collective. Just double and triple check the Tx settings. You are using settings from the 450 manual right?

:lol: Need to earn the pennies bud ;)

All three servos should be moving the swash when you add throttle/collective. Just double and triple check the Tx settings. You are using settings from the 450 manual right?

ha ha yh, mine are running out :P not earning at the mo, still awaiting customers..

no, another manual you say.. I best go look through it  :whistling:

The manual that came with your heli will have setting for the dx6i. Start a new model or reset the one you have made, then see if the swash reacts as it should. The manual will walk you through that. Remember to keep motor disconnected.

The manual that came with your heli will have setting for the dx6i. Start a new model or reset the one you have made, then see if the swash reacts as it should. The manual will walk you through that. Remember to keep motor disconnected.

OW i love you man :D was starting to get teasy with it buy now I have the controller set to the blade 450, the swash plate thing is level all through throttle :D.

Now, the trigger on the remote o- gear, 1 f-mode, what do I have it on, nothing in any Manuel I have seen?

Awesome! I am not sure what your gear switch is assigned to so I will find the PDF when I get home and explain that later. The F.Mode switch will toggle through your pitch and throttle curves. Will explain better when I have more tme to reply :good:

the tail spins rd, have u got it in rate mode or head buddy?. If u put the settings from the 450 in I think it tells u to use f-flite switch. U need to set 1 to around 70% and below that around 40% try the rudder ifv u release the stick and it stays there that's what u fly with but if you release the rudder and it returns the the middle u need to flick f-flite switch. That's why its spinning because tail has nothing to fight against if its returning to center of slider.

I got it set as the 450 on the dx6i now and it is fine :D

Just threw it in the garden before the kids came home and got it a inch or 2 off the ground to see and it was fine :D

It certainly is heart rushing, think I need trainer ball things lol

Glad you got it all sorted mate. I never got on with the training gear, used it once. It's only really good for first hops. Once you get a foot off the ground they aren't going to stop a crash anyway.

Don't forget to record your first flight  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeah I  am in 2 minds as to buy any or not, its just getting the confidence to blast it up into the air :P

Just been watching the guy who sells the ebooks 10 day trainer guide, its very good and I have made a list of things to do tomorrow like blade alignment, balancing my heli etc

I got to day 5 which I think I could get to in 1 day, mainly just a confidence issue with such a big heli, but on day 5 he goes into figure 8 flying/hovering and that is where I sort of got to with my quads.

I am still so exited about it all lol, gutted about my charger but eager to see what kingslynnmodels will say.

Just take it slow mate, it's not a race. Took me a while to fly decent figure 8's. 4months in and I can just about do them in all orietations. This is where the sim comes in. You can practice anything without the worry of crash costs. Helps you get use to the controls, orientation etc..

John Salts site is golden :good:

Yeah I will try and go slow :P

This morning I have made sure the heli is balanced right, made sure the battery won't push into the motor and that the blades are not too tight or under tight.

Just going through checks :)

Ok blade tracking.

My red blade is a tad higher, so I need to adjust. on his vids he does not show how to do this, I youtube and they adjust the small rod, my small rod is not adjustable :(

wow I actually feel like I know a little some thing now lol :D

Ok thank you and done :D

Well it is not a first flight but a sort of tease, If you spot any thing wrong please let me know, ow and notice my home made torque skid grippers? :)

Rugs down to protect the lino lol in case of accident and black lid for visual of blades, I am well back from heli, the room is over 4mx5m but  i was spooling not hovering.

Heli is set to trainer mode on salts ebook at current.

Weather outside it rain :(

Ow and this just turned up :D

SAM_1583_zpse6de9deb.jpg

*chants* "We want a maiden video" :D

Should be able to get your heli set up no problem now. Have you ordered that sim yet? You can practice flying in idle up then, much better than flying on a throttle curve imo.

Edited by DannyP

You probably are on a throttle curve, as you add collective the head speed increases. Idle up/stunt mode is where you have a constant head speed.Your throttle curve now is something like 0/25/50/75/100%.

In idle up you would have all points set to 100% or whatever you like, 85%, 90% flat i.e 100,100,100,100,100. So the head speed is constant and only the blade pitch changes when you move the left stick up or down(collective)

Hope that makes sense.

I just felt like I had more control flying in IU, flying a TC I was all over the place :confused:

Ow perfect sense, salt teaches to learn in TC, mine is set to 0%,25%,55%,70%,70% following his ebook.

If i set it to pitch at 100% all through though surely it would spool up way too fast? If i spool up fast now my rear tries to spin in circles even in those dimmed down settings.

Are you flying then with your dx6i with the trigger above the trainer one on "F.mode" ? which puts it in stunt?

EDIT: unless I am in the wrong mode.. LOL

Edited by CornwallRC

I have a Dx8 but the principles are the same. I turn on my Tx with collective at lowest point, throttle hold off and in flight mode 0, if I don't it vibrates and beeps like mad to remind me!! Make sure correct model is selected.

Plug in LiPo and wait for the heli to bind and initialize gyro/FBL unit.

Then flick TH on(which is set to 0% throttle) move collective to midstick(0

Ok I don't think I am ready for a 100% throttle hold yet but I suppose that is the point of cp and I want to try out cp flying but then on the other side this salt guy isn't teaching that way and does not even mention about putting a throttle hold on any where in his 194 page ebook :/ so I am a little annoyed.. I don't even know how to and I have read most the book now.

Little frustrated now as I don't know if this means I need/should re learn to program my hole controller, do i need to re set up all my heli ?

I bought cp to go cp, but I am not cp :(

What do you mean by "Flick UI2" ? I don't have a switch with that on lol