• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Maverick ION MT project Brushless!

jtheg

Thought about getting this ion but changed my mind to a bit cheaper model

KmbY1CS.jpgWould that brushless motor and esc you got from hobbyking fit this car? This is a 1/16 so i would expect them all to fit

Can I ask what you did with the stock electrics, esc/receiver, servo?

Did you chuck em or do you still have them.

My lads was playing up at the weekend. Fully charged battery in it but it seemed to stop every now and again. I'm going to change the TX batteries first but I might be on the look out for spares if you still have them.

• 3 weeks later...

Jtheg,

Any updates on this ie videos, ;-)

Iam seriously just about to order the brushless kit n upgraded gears,

And the better fit batterys,

How much quicker is it?

No vids as yet mate, but its probably 10x faster than the brushed version!!!!  And gets there a hell of a lot quicker too!!

• 2 weeks later...

I got one of those Atom shells too. Just how bad are the window stickers? Impossible to fix 'em smooth  :sly: !

Are those shocks you bought the same to fit to a recon? Are they pretty much the same car?

Any links to some better shocks appreciated ;) looks great now with brushless gear in!

They fit no bother. They seem a bit tougher than the recon ones as we had issues with the tops popping off and silicone going everywhere. These have held up quite well and it gets bashed in the garden and races every fortnight at our local club.

My twin motor recon has oil filled rc18t shocks which were a brilliant upgrade, however I soon lost all the oil!

Do the ion ones hold there oil well? I don't think the power h have helps!

Nah the ions are plastic rubbish, 65mm ones were after, losi mini t rears or rc18 shocks. Have you tried sealing the bottom o ring or putting them on upside down?

Edited by jtheg

I may try them upside down them! Its the fronts I loose oil out of! Pretty sure its from heavy landings and wheelie slapping the ground!

How's the brushless holding out? Stripped a diff gear yet? What size pinion you running?

I wonder how's the gearing compares between ion and recon, I have 15t pinion's and a -1 spur, hoping to up the pinion's to 16t at some point! What kv is the brushless set up? Did you ever take any running videos?