• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

has anyone else seen this ken block vid from modelsport

jonnotheone

Love the video :) I'm a fan of the original, Ken Block may not be the best driver but he(the sponsors promoting team) really knows how to promote him self. Hence the video above! Good work...

Ken Block is supposed to be a good driver, Editing can make anyone look good, Look at Jeremy Clarkson.

Now this is good off the cuff driving, Without the Edit, Edit, Retake, Edit, Edit, Retake., But Petter just gets on with it, And he can drive a Rally Stage pretty good.

The HVHF Fiesta is the sickest looking 1:1 car I have ever seen, love that design.

Even if Kens apparent "driving skills" re down to editing, it still takes some serious nuts to drive a rally car like he does & anyone who says he is a rubbish driver I would love to see them go out & do what he does & not either bottle it or seriously hurt themselves in the process.

Cool video as well, a 1/8 scale Gymkhana was always gonna be the perfect way to market the model. Even if there is better mini Gymkhana out there.

Awesome marketing as has been said, but then again even before this Gymkhana project came around, Block has always been a very, very clever buisnessman.

Edited by Slimboyfattening
  • Like 1

The problem some people(And me) have with Block is that it is all marketing, Every video you see of him is edited ball.

it still takes some serious nuts to drive a rally car like he does

Your not wrong there, For someone as bad at rally driving as Ken Block to even attempt the WRC took some balls, And he got them kicked.

He's a bit like that bloke that go's around to shows and pops up on the telly from time to time doing all them fancy tricks with a football, The same tricks most professional footballers can do as a matter of course.

I could understand all the hype if he was doing something unique, But he's not, He does nothing that any driver on the rally circuit couldn't do, And as the Petter video shows, Do it better.

Good marketing, You bet,

Good entertainer, Yer,

Good driver, Na, Mildly talented at best.