• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Project: Chaser

-BEZ-

Testing is next weekend up at ROSSA so you lot will just have to be patient. 

Forgot to mention heavyleftthumb cut the decals for me, so if you want some decals for your RCs look him up, hes done a cracking job as you can see :good:

The reason I'm testing the capped tyres currently is purely down to past experience, I've always found rubber to give more grip at higher rpm, but I also have foams to try, they just need to be trimmed to fit ........ nothing is ever simple lol

The complete chassis and body with all electronics weighs 1.138 Kg and the lipos weigh 1.152 Kg. Total weight is 2.29 Kg

Testing is next weekend up at ROSSA so you lot will just have to be patient. 

Forgot to mention heavyleftthumb cut the decals for me, so if you want some decals for your RCs look him up, hes done a cracking job as you can see :good:

cant wait to see this running finally, hope to see you there  :thumbsup:

Well today was bitter sweet, chassis ran straight and leccys ran really well, however .......... had a blow out at about 60% - 70% throttle not sure how, but it was so violent It bent a 1/4inch titanium axle, twisted a bearing and in turn killed a chassis side plate (i think), damaged the paint off the shell and cracked the wing, after that I had no control over stopping the car (went straight) into a field and collected some dirt and broke a turnbuckle on the steering.

On the pro side the Leccys were awesome and had loads of power, so I'm happy they are working fine :good:

The aftermath:

IMG_2559_zps5c9dd438.jpg?t=1367073645

IMG_2562_zps059f304a.jpg?t=1367073703

IMG_2560_zpsddf8f5f9.jpg?t=1367073662

IMG_2561_zpsce50b7cf.jpg?t=1367073677

Sooooo after todays testing has brought a couple of issues to my attention:

1- O-rings need to be stuck down with THE most industrial glue possible, or I need to find some TC wheels to lathe down.

2- The ride height is too low for the rubbish tarmac we have in the UK, so I need to redesign the chassis side plate to lift the rear of the chassis 2-3mm.

3- Titanium axles are too soft, Sprung steel for the next version I think.

4- I need to make a stronger type of bellypan.

I have 4 months ish now to redesign the chassis and tweek a few bits so watch this space for updates.

I'm sure some ppl got vids of it running, so once I find them i will post them in here :good:

not sure fella, it was probably doing about 80mph ish when it all went wrong, but that's what testing is all about. Just means it will come back more refined and stronger :good:

As far as i'm concerned its the leccys that are the important bit and they proved that they have loads of power and potential, so all I have to do now it redesign the chassis so It can make better use of the power developed :good:

• Like 2