• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Rally tyres r amazing on the wet sand absalute blast, but my servo failed and my center diff failed aswell so only got 2 out 4 packs throught it, gotta strip it down an order sum new parts for pay day might go with a alloy diff the qeustion is black or silver?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Off the beach with mine ib a bit gonma put my rally wheels on with the new castrol shell av got

You are going to love those tires in sand (especially "tides out wet pack"). Been running mine all winter, they eat up snow and grainy ice, as long as it's not too deep. Should be sweet on the beach, but if you get hung up, there's not much give to them (being low profile) so they love to dig...

(Sorry, missed that last post)

Edited by Hotshot888

Picked up a set of the 4590s as well, but have not had a chance to run them. Gotta love how low profile they are. I suspect they will be great (better anyways) for wear than the D compound tires and a bit looser as well, more so in cold weather/dusty conditions. I will be very surprised if they offer more grip, even in hot conditions, than the D or Red do.

I took the WR8 for a romp around my back yard today... I threw on a set of MT tires from one of my old RS4 MT2s and I'll tell you it was an absolute blast!

I actually had the car pulling wheelies across the lawn! Like I need a wheelie bar type of wheelies! lol! I didn't think it was possible with a center diff but I guess it is. This thing with the 3800kv and a 3s is just a beast!!

These are the wheels I was running for reference:

Gv015Jzl.jpg

I can't believe how much fun it was... I think I'm going to go out hunting for a bullet ST or MT now.

Just got me one of these, im looking forward to having a good 3s blast with it :-) i got the original ken block one unused hehe, seems quite well put together to.

ive had a drx before so im intrested to see how this compare's to that, i think this will be quicker but the drx was so much fun.

Im havin trouble locating a reasonable 3s lipo though, at a reasonable price, hobby king seem to be out of stock of most lipos at the min, is there any of you chaps have a northwest meet up? Im in wigan by the way, i can imagine racing a few of these will be a right giggle.

• Like 1

Awesome! I think you'll really enjoy it.

I'm running a Duratrax 5000mah 35c 3s. You can get them off eBay for $89 (US) shipped most of the time. I also run a SkyLipo 5000mah 40c 3s from HobbyPartz http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-3s1p-40c-3333.html for @ $60 US shipped it was a good deal. I've had them both for about a year and so far they are both running strong.

I wish I had some people to run mine with but even running on my own I'm usually pretty damned excited with it.

• Like 1

Just got me one of these, im looking forward to having a good 3s blast with it :-) i got the original ken block one unused hehe, seems quite well put together to.

ive had a drx before so im intrested to see how this compare's to that, i think this will be quicker but the drx was so much fun.

Im havin trouble locating a reasonable 3s lipo though, at a reasonable price, hobby king seem to be out of stock of most lipos at the min, is there any of you chaps have a northwest meet up? Im in wigan by the way, i can imagine racing a few of these will be a right giggle.

Welcome, I'm sure you'll equally enjoy your wr8.. ;)

I use Giantshark for my lipos and have a Gens Ace 3s 50c 5000mAh which cost

• Like 1

J.A- I originally only had the 35c battery for my WR8 when I started running it. I never had a problem with it bogging or anything. It has always been a beast of a battery. The manual actually calls for 25c or higher IIRC.

BTW I took it out for a run today... I had a bunch of fun but I noticed the front center shaft was getting pretty warm. After further inspection I found it was coming from the diff input cup (or that part seemed the hottest). It looks like I'm going to have to take the front diff off and see if the shims need to be redone. I'm not sure if it the shims or the bearings. I'll update with my findings.

Edited by Mgozzz

Hey watchman i live in liverpool i run mine on 2s hpi plazma 5300mah an they can keep up with 3s btys mate i run mine up in widnes there about 5 or 6 of that run these both flux an nitro, these cars fly on wet sand with the super rally tyres

Hey watchman i live in liverpool i run mine on 2s hpi plazma 5300mah an they can keep up with 3s btys mate i run mine up in widnes there about 5 or 6 of that run these both flux an nitro, these cars fly on wet sand with the super rally tyres

sounds good to me mrchippy, im up for some meets, getting to widnes isnt a problem, i actualy have some 5300 hpi plazmas :-) i can use, do you know when the next bash meet is? Wet sand and rally tyres sounds like a good giggle.

Ill get into the lads for you an find out

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cheers, would love to have a regular rally meet, i cant do this weekend but most weeknights or weekends im free.

Well ppl (myself included) are quick to knock HPI when things aren't right- and so they should! So its only fair to shout their praise when they get it right.

As I've mentioned before the fan on my esc appeared to have an intermittent fault- resulting in it running slow and noisy. Having checked for debris I sort of put up with it. However, with 'summer' approaching (and into the 2nd year of the warranty) I chased it up.

I phoned them last Friday, posted esc off Monday PM and blow me down, a brand new esc, unopened in its box arrives in this (Thurs) mornings post!!!! Even allowing for the next day service I sent it by, that's bloody good going!

Apparently there was intermittent BEC output!

WELL DONE HPI!!!!

They appeared to have modified the Vapor Pro ESC, as the one I now have has a clip in fan housing, making clearing any debris from heatsink easy. It's also easy to put a new fan into the said housing if necessary.

Good show all around :-)

Well ppl (myself included) are quick to knock HPI when things aren't right- and so they should! So its only fair to shout their praise when they get it right.

As I've mentioned before the fan on my esc appeared to have an intermittent fault- resulting in it running slow and noisy. Having checked for debris I sort of put up with it. However, with 'summer' approaching (and into the 2nd year of the warranty) I chased it up.

I phoned them last Friday, posted esc off Monday PM and blow me down, a brand new esc, unopened in its box arrives in this (Thurs) mornings post!!!! Even allowing for the next day service I sent it by, that's bloody good going!

Apparently there was intermittent BEC output!

WELL DONE HPI!!!!

They appeared to have modified the Vapor Pro ESC, as the one I now have has a clip in fan housing, making clearing any debris from heatsink easy. It's also easy to put a new fan into the said housing if necessary.

Good show all around :-)

Ohhhh... neat. Is it still a castle part? Can you post a picture of it?

Mike

• Like 1