• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Where did you order them from?

Scratch that, found some in stock.

Out of interest, how much use do people reckon the aluminium hop up parts are? Many of the bits they offer are bits that don't seem to break anyway, they probably weigh more than the plastic bits and they're fearsomely expensive. Any of them worth the cash?

Edited by coldcuppatea

I've bought and added everyone, they weigh around the same as the plastics to be honest!

I'd recommend the hub carries as a priority. The rest are really just "because you can" lol.

Also, that front bumper .... you must have gotten pretty cocky at 50mph with a wall!?

Bumper got demolished against a traffic island that I was using as part of an improvised course. Went round it over 200 times before smashing into it real progress for me!

I've been googling the part numbers all day and all the useful aluminium bits are out of stock, here & in USA. Several places saying mid-April for restock. Think i will get hubs and front carriers when they are available again.

• Like 1

its the alloy parts that are hard to get hold of, the other normal plastic bits don't seem to be to bad and restock quite quick. you got to remember guys this is a popular car and is advertised on all the bigger hobby stores main pages and also has good reviews over other rally cars.

best advice is if you want the hopups just pre order in the uk, otherwise you will just miss out when they do come in stock, this is what i had to do with my shell and my carriers and knuckcles

Edited by bobby288

I'd upgrade the servo and shocks before anything else :)

good advice :thumbsup: ..these were the first things i did, then the carriers and knuckles when you can.. the powerstrokes make a huge difference to the back end.

• Like 1

just be carefull because some dont fit, i went to put the hpi servo out of a savage (wp50 i think) and it rubbed on the drive shaft and i ended up having to drill a fresh hole in the servo mount and moving it slightly, i would go for a shallow one. i think they do the above in shallow size.

I know there was a guy on YouTube found one that fits, touring style think it was a Nissan 350z shell but not sure where he got it.

. Otherwise its just the 2 fiesta ones.. The wr8 is a funny size

I know there was a guy on YouTube found one that fits, touring style think it was a Nissan 350z shell but not sure where he got it.

. Otherwise its just the 2 fiesta ones.. The wr8 is a funny size

Yeah it was a HPI shell as well, from an RS4 I believe which has since been discontinued...! 

Has anyone experimented with different tyres? I've utterly destroyed the Ken Block type in about an hour of driving. Not only have they worn out, one of the has actually separated from the side wall. I'm currently using the other Tarmac tyres, but I reckon they're even softer so I'll be needing some more before long. The gravel tyres on my old nitro version got completely shredded too. Would quite like a harder compound.

Those with WR8's who want adjustable upper camber links (arm) I've had this info from HPI re a possible solution:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/65398/

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/65423/

The ball/rod ends may need trimming in length a tad, but this shouldn't pose a problem and hopefully result in a strong adjustable link.

I sourced these off flEbay so I'll let you know how it goes..;)

My Wr8  arrived yesterday, second hand but only had 1 tiny scratch on the chassis and a little bit of dirt if you looked really hard.

Took it out for a blast up and down the alley at the back of the house, handles well, and is nippy enough.

Overall im very pleased with it, cant wait to give it a propper run somewhere.

• Like 3

Those with WR8's who want adjustable upper camber links (arm) I've had this info from HPI re a possible solution:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/65398/

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/65423/

The ball/rod ends may need trimming in length a tad, but this shouldn't pose a problem and hopefully result in a strong adjustable link.

I sourced these off flEbay so I'll let you know how it goes..;)

That's handy!