• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

more idiots on ebay

mini-z-awd

was just windering hwo many have something on ebay for sale and they`ve had some bumdass send them a message saying it wont sell because its either old tat or junk.

its just that ive had two peple in the last three weeks send me such a message the last one today the funny thing is when i checked his feedback he had two neg feedback for overcharging on postage and he even had the cheek to say if you dont like the postage price then dont bid/buy what do you expect if there after the item your selling.

• Like 1

But then why buy the item if the postage is too high? And then leave neg feedback saying postage was too high :-/ just seems like a pointless thing to do.

If I saw something I wanted and the price was right but postage was turd and I realy realy needed/wanted the item I would buy it and still leave good feedback.

If the postage was turd and another seller had the same thing but

As ive stripped a few savages in the last few weeks ive been using it one guy messaged me saying he would give me 50p posted for my sf2 servo + postage he went on to win it and ive been screw balled :( its a pretty poor place with everything in the buyers way but nothing to protect sellers

I bought an m03 off an eBay idiot... Service was spot on but the car has a brushless motor held in with just one screw, still using the plastic bushes and riding too high with a odd shock on the front that looks the same but has a longer shock body giving it much less travel than the rest of the shocks. Needless to say I'm stripping it down and rebuilding it properly, I don't even want to know how badly it handles with this set up. Well I guess he's less idiot and more clueless.

Another one!

I sold a RX & TX on eBay a couple of days ago. Guy was only round the corner from my work place, so I gave him the option of picking it up.

I was getting the impression from his messages he was going to be hard work, so I made it very clear 5 times in 5 seperate messages WEDNESDAY (I was off work Tuesday). He came Tuesday.

He came again Wednesday, picked it up. All sorted, right?

2 days later... The receiver doesn't work.

I know 100% it was all working. Used untill recently.

Then it was the transmitter, not the receiver that wasn't working. Bring it back I said and I will have a look.

Got it, popped out the supermarket smart price batteries he had put in, in with some decent AA's....... What do you know? All fully working.

Doh!

Edited by SirusDviruS

I'm selling my hyper on eBay, got a message from a guy wanting to buy it... Eventually worked out a deal... All sorted I thought, said I would remove the add if he paid a deposit as he was adiment that he wanted it and promised to pay yesterday... Messaged him a bunch of times, no reply at all (he was quick enough to reply last week)

So I've had to relist it, not removing an auction now until it's fully paid!

• Like 2

I sold a set of wheels on ebay the other week. Buyer is local so wanted to collect. Fair enough I though. So far he has failed to collect or arrange a time to collect.

I was going to be in the area of his work address so offered to drop them off - no reply.

I happened to be very near his house at the weekend as my missus wanted to go to a shop near there. I thought we were going to be close by so said I could drop them in to him. Gave him a couple of days notice of this and got no reply. Anyway the shop my missus wanted to go to turned out to be a lot closer than I was expecting and I ended up 2 streets away from his house. (This is getting a bit stalker ish) Anyway, I sent him another message saying I was in the area and would be for the next couple of hours and still no reply.

Got a reply from him later that night but he's still not arranged a time to collect so I've told him he's got until Wednesday (when I can and have offered to, drop them into his work address, even specified a time) to pay for them or they will be re-listed.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont get me started on ebay folk! Ive been through 1 paypal claim 1 ebay claim, changed mobile and home phone number and recived wayy too many threats off of a 15 year old boy from stoke . Sold a nitro rs4

Edited by silviadrift

i had one a few days ago like ashleysmith he wanted to buy a mini-z body and he wants it posted on a a certain day as he will be away till that day. so i said fine as long as you pay for it which he did now i have to wait till the 22nd of this month before i can post it which i thought really weird but as long as he paid its cool with me

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as i stopped using ebay more than a year ago due to a massive increase in fees etc. I recently went back on to quickly sell a few bits and i am shocked at how much its changed.

I sold a phone on there on a Friday night (Payment was completed in the early hours) I responded to the guys queries promptly and was due to post on the following monday. I worked from the early afternoon on sunday all night so wasnt checking my phone, my phone bleeps on monday morning "Case has been opened Item not received".

I just thought to myself is this for real? Is this guy actually taking the p? Messaged him, by which time my paypal had been locked out completely and he basically said you didn't return my email so i started a claim, told the guy calmly if he could remove the claim and no amount of time had passed, it was monday morning and the phone was packed and ready to go.

He said no i will remove the claim once i have received the phone and am satisfied. I granted him a straight refund, closed the case and sold the phone on another forum. I messaged him saying i am sorry but i granted you a refund because i was not comfortable sending the phone with an open case, because ebay always sides with the buyer, meaning he would have got my phone as well as a large wedge in his pocket. Came on the next day to find he had given me negative feedback. Now in my opinion, an open and shut case should void the original transaction/listing as both parties have presumably worked things out. So now i have a strike against an otherwise perfect account, not that it gets much use.

Thinking this was a one off, i sold a couple of Xbox games on there a couple of days after, again its so easy wth a phone now to get something up on there easily. One day has passed, the game has been posted but not received yet and i am now getting threats to open another case, its been a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buyers know that ebay in on their side and a lot of them are using it to get something for nothing. I will not ever use it to buy or sell again.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as i stopped using ebay more than a year ago due to a massive increase in fees etc. I recently went back on to quickly sell a few bits and i am shocked at how much its changed.

I sold a phone on there on a Friday night (Payment was completed in the early hours) I responded to the guys queries promptly and was due to post on the following monday. I worked from the early afternoon on sunday all night so wasnt checking my phone, my phone bleeps on monday morning "Case has been opened Item not received".

I just thought to myself is this for real? Is this guy actually taking the p? Messaged him, by which time my paypal had been locked out completely and he basically said you didn't return my email so i started a claim, told the guy calmly if he could remove the claim and no amount of time had passed, it was monday morning and the phone was packed and ready to go.

He said no i will remove the claim once i have received the phone and am satisfied. I granted him a straight refund, closed the case and sold the phone on another forum. I messaged him saying i am sorry but i granted you a refund because i was not comfortable sending the phone with an open case, because ebay always sides with the buyer, meaning he would have got my phone as well as a large wedge in his pocket. Came on the next day to find he had given me negative feedback. Now in my opinion, an open and shut case should void the original transaction/listing as both parties have presumably worked things out. So now i have a strike against an otherwise perfect account, not that it gets much use.

Thinking this was a one off, i sold a couple of Xbox games on there a couple of days after, again its so easy wth a phone now to get something up on there easily. One day has passed, the game has been posted but not received yet and i am now getting threats to open another case, its been a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buyers know that ebay in on their side and a lot of them are using it to get something for nothing. I will not ever use it to buy or sell again.

I've had a similar issue to you - I sold a phone (to the UK only) and it was won by a portuguese bloke and paid for immediately. Whilst packaging it to post (at a higher postage expense) I tested the phone and broke one of the switches on it. Unfortunately he bought it on the 29th of December of that year (which was a weekend anyway) so the bank wasn't open. I immediately hit refund and told him why (in the simplest english i could) but he still left me a negative feedback for never receiving the phone, and taking ages to issue a refund.

The annoying thing was, i couldn't get it to him any faster! Due to the time of year, it automatically sent the money as an e-cheque, but appeared to him that I hadn't issued a refund.

I now cancel all bids from foreign ebayers - I'm assuming they bid due to the exchange rate, and the fact that there is only one postage option, so they assume that's for worldwide postage.

I have just sold my dads cars on eBay, it was soo painful I'll never do it for someone again, savage & firestorm ( firestorm literally brand new) both on auction , firestorm has100 reserve, reasonable IMO anyway I clearly put I will not post either as I'm selling as a favour I don't have time or want to wrap or post anything. Savage sells 100